Best Forgotten Bands of the 70's.

BrooklynCat

Reaction score
I love this one by Ilian - "Hey Denise" off his sole LP Love Me Crazy. And it's being reissued on vinyl and CD!

Super sweet pop guitar riffs. Basically lost in time because it was released on Album World, a major label subsidiary designed to release records intended to fail as part of an elaborate tax write-off scam (a loophole discovered in the American tax system and abused from 1976 - 78). Album World — and other labels of its shady ilk — would claim to press thousands of each release, but only manufacture a few hundred then reporting the unsold copies to the IRS and immediately rarifying many a fine release such as Love Me Crazy.

https://soundcloud.com/anthology_recs/hey-denise

crjames

Reaction score
Wow..this is an incredible thread. So much new music for me. I'm listening to Status Quo first time. Definitely some good melodies and elements. I'll have to take it one band at a time. Alot to digest. This is fun.

rss79grad

Reaction score
Angel's debut album, in my opinion, was amazing!! Then they slowly digressed into a wannabe Top 40/pop band. I bought all their albums and with each one I became more and more disappointed at the direction they were heading into (record company/management pressure for "hits" perhaps), then when "Sinful" came out I thought "WTF is this crap?"!! Too bad because they had GREAT potential!!

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Detective might have been mentioned already but during the 70's when Led Zepplin was on it's last album along came Detective with a heavy rock sound.
I ended up buying a couple of their albums and enjoyed them a bit.
They didn't really get much air time but they sure had a little Led Zep in them.
Check out this song. Sounds a little like When The Levee Breaks..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLof-GKWOo

Britters

Feed Your Head
Reaction score
I didn't go through the entire thread and maybe this band was mentioned already but The Baby's with John Waite on Vocals was pretty damn good.

mick58ward

Reaction score
The Strawbs are still going strong , are forever touring and periodically release new material... after 40 years! I've got 40 of their albums (though a couple even the band don't know about! LOL)

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
The Strawbs are still going strong , are forever touring and periodically release new material... after 40 years! I've got 40 of their albums (though a couple even the band don't know about! LOL)
Great band. I have a mate who absolutely idolises them and has over sixty variations of their albums. :cheers2

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
I didn't go through the entire thread and maybe this band was mentioned already but The Baby's with John Waite on Vocals was pretty damn good.

Agreed! :)

While I'm here, I need to comment on the thread title: At first I thought it meant we were to post
"bands from the 70's that are best forgotten", and not "best of: the forgotten bands of the 70's"

Because, there are lots of bands from the 70's that are best forgotten! :tongue:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online