Best/Favorite Album Covers Results

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
how would you change the scoring system? im gonna be tallying up the live album poll once i have the time and i would love the suggestions

I would make it as simple as possible from 1-100 something like that. The top ten chosen I would post in a poll to see which one came out on top. That way you get interest from people who might not have posted originally involved. I might have made it 5 instead of ten, then done two threads and combined them into a final poll of 20 and let the forum decide the best one. All kinds of different ways to do this, no one is right or wrong, but the easiest least complicated formula I could come up with would be my choice.

If Cosmic doesn't want to do another one in a few weeks I'll consider giving it a shot, but I appreciate the effort all of you put into these kind of threads, they are a lot of work and sometimes your expectations exceed the end results unfortunately.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
I loooooooove that KISS cover.

Killer outfits.

Always did love the VH one, too. Just the album cover is enough to make any self-respecting audiophile pick that little baby up for a spin.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
The underlying problem was not Cosmic's scoring system. It was her expectation that enough posters would somehow find the wherewithal to pick their favourite ten covers out of the hundreds of thousands out there to get a statistically representative sample that was unrealistic.

:(

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I would simplify the scoring as my edited post suggests,,,no one way is better than the others, but the simpler the better. When I read the OP in Cosmic's thread it was way too complicated...why make something this simple so hard?

I could come up with a much simpler system for My Own benefit to do the scoring..that was my main intent.

It was a lot of effort and some people just can't be bothered...I tried to get as many regulars involved as possible but that is life in the forum universe.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
Come on, no Pink Floyd on list? Hipgnosis made some of best album covers EVER !

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online