The best album of the 80s has to be:
Michael_Jackson_-_Thriller.png

My favourite though is:
GunsnRosesAppetiteforDestructionalbumcover.jpg

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
You prefer Tunnel of Love over Nebraska? :uh:

Bruce_Springsteen_-_Nebraska.jpg

On the whole, yes (but to be honest I should have included it). Although there are many great songs on Nebraska. I would love an 'electric' Nebraska to be released someday because these songs sound great live with the full band.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I seriously have to think about what my favorite & best albums are from the 80's. I almost have to go with Appetite of Destruction just because it was almost the perfect album for my tastes at the time...I loved hardrock/metal but by 1986 I was feeling the energy of punk especially NY Dolls ex guitarist Johnny Thunders who had the punk attitude but was rock & roll like Keith Richards...Appetite seemed to mix in a bit of everything I was into at the time. The album had the hits like Jungle, Sweet Child, Paradise which were great but then there were those dirty, raunchy, sex, drugs, & rock & roll kickass tunes like Out ta Get me, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Night Train...

Beady Eye

Reaction score
I seriously have to think about what my favorite & best albums are from the 80's. I almost have to go with Appetite of Destruction just because it was almost the perfect album for my tastes at the time...I loved hardrock/metal but by 1986 I was feeling the energy of punk especially NY Dolls ex guitarist Johnny Thunders who had the punk attitude but was rock & roll like Keith Richards...Appetite seemed to mix in a bit of everything I was into at the time. The album had the hits like Jungle, Sweet Child, Paradise which were great but then there were those dirty, raunchy, sex, drugs, & rock & roll kickass tunes like Out ta Get me, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Night Train...

Appetite has this rare quality of being both timeless and at the time revolutionary. When it was released the mainstream metal bands like Cinderella and Mötley Crüe reached a point of stagnation. Appetite blew everything away and buried hair metal once and for all. Didn't kill it, just buried the corpse.
Even people who don't like Appetite will agree that it's one of the most important and relevant albums in rock history.

RhyeInTheJar

Reaction score
I haven't heard every album releases in the 80s obviously so I can't say what is the best but these abums made an impression on me.

Marillion_-_Script_for_a_Jester's_Tear.jpg

I know they're shameless genesis clones. I've never heard a band so blatantly copy another bands style. That's not important, it's a great prog rock album

Queen_The_Game.png

Going more mainstream but still with plenty of Brian May grit. Basically the best album of Queens "pop-rock" era

Iron_Maiden_-_Powerslave.jpg

Heavy metal perfection, even beats Number Of The Beast IMO

Moving_Pictures.jpg

OMD_Dazzle_Ships_LP_cover.jpg Catchy, arty electronic music. Makes a change from heavy metal.

Bryan_Adams_-_Reckless.jpg

2396.jpg

Classic NWOBHM. Followed by two equally great albums, Saxon almost killed their careers until quality returned in the early 90s.
Scorpions_Backout.png

I truly hate Scorpions album covers and this is one of their worst covers. But the album itself is great.

220px-Jethro_Tull_Rock_Island.jpg

TomSawyer

Reaction score
So many of the fore mentioned albums make my top 80s albums, so I'll through a couple of left-field choices that I love and are classics:

> The Cult - Love

> Marillion - Clutching At Straws

> Rush - Signals

> Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online