Best Album of The 60's

Choose your 3 favorite/best Album Of The 60's

• Total voters

Layla

Reaction score
Choose from this list your best/favorite album of the 60's !

Are You Experienced ? - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys
Led Zeppelin II - Led Zeppelin
Highway 61 Revisited - Bob Dylan
The Doors - The Doors
Let It Bleed - The Rolling Stones
Revolver - The Beatles
The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere - Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Disraeli Gears - Cream

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
There are some great albums on the list but it's Zeppelen II for me.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
well even without being able to pick the three to add to poll mine are...

3. The Doors
2. Led Zeppelin II
drum roll please
1. Jimi Hendrix...Are You Experience?
yes @Vader there are some fabulous 60`s classic albums listed here...

Beady Eye

Reaction score
Either "Highway 61" or "The Doors", depending on the mood. I used to love Velvet Underground and even had a Nico solo album. Today I can't stand them anymore, I was a tad pretentious back then which contributed to that (especially Nico's atrocious solo album which sounds like the dying cat parade).

PS: I had a 4 CD Hendrix collection once. Don't remember what songs were from which album. Desperately tried to love him because apparently you have to dig Hendrix as a guitar player. Never felt it really. His guitar playing is great, sure. His songwriting is mediocre and his voice is as bad as it gets.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
PS: I had a 4 CD Hendrix collection once. Don't remember what songs were from which album. Desperately tried to love him because apparently you have to dig Hendrix as a guitar player. Never felt it really. His guitar playing is great, sure. His songwriting is mediocre and his voice is as bad as it gets.

How can you be a member of a "classic rock" forum and not get Hendrix? Rock doesn't get any more classic than Hendrix imo. Perhaps you had a budget collection filled with obscure stuff. In the context of his time, there was no better or more inventive guitarist than Hendrix. :bow::bow::bow:

Beady Eye

Reaction score
How can you be a member of a "classic rock" forum and not get Hendrix? Rock doesn't get any more classic than Hendrix imo. Perhaps you had a budget collection filled with obscure stuff. In the context of his time, there was no better or more inventive guitarist than Hendrix. :bow::bow::bow:

Well, a song requires more than an innovative guitar player. He could have used some talented band members, especially for the vocals.
Imagine Velvet Revolver with Duff singing instead of Scott Weiland!

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Well, a song requires more than an innovative guitar player. He could have used some talented band members, especially for the vocals.
Imagine Velvet Revolver with Duff singing instead of Scott Weiland!

Maybe you had to be there at the time. Everything about Hendrix works for me. This is just my opinion and you are welcome to have your own :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online