Best album of original work ever

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
CCr's first album.

I like this album, too :) It has one of my favorite Halloween songs on it, although I like the cover of this song by Marilyn Manson:

I Put a Spell on You by CCR

SomeGirls78.jpg

I wore this album out as a teenager.

"Some Girls" and "Miss You" were my two favorites but the song that always makes me laugh, whodda thunk a country song on the stones!:

Far Away Eyes

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Here's one of my favorite albums period from any genre any era.

Kansas Leftoverture:

Kansas_-_Leftoverture-Front-wwwFree.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
The critical world also took little notice of the album. One of the few print reviews of the album in 1967 was a mostly positive review in the second issue of Vibrations, a small rock music magazine.[8] The review described the music as "a full-fledged attack on the ears and on the brain" and took note of the dark subject matter to be found in the majority of the song's lyrics.

It wasn't until decades later that the album received almost unanimous praise by numerous rock critics, many of whom made particular note of its influence in modern rock music. In April 2003, Spin put the album at the number one spot of their "Top Fifteen Most Influential Albums of All Time" list (though the list excluded albums by the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Elvis and The Rolling Stones).[10] Rolling Stone placed it at number 13 on their list of "The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time" in November 2003, calling it "the most prophetic rock album ever made."[1][11]

In 1997, Velvet Underground & Nico was named the 22nd greatest album of all time in a Music of the Millennium poll conducted in the United Kingdom by HMV Group, Channel 4, The Guardian and Classic FM. In his 1995 book, "The Alternative Music Almanac", Alan Cross placed the album in the #1 spot on the list of '10 Classic Alternative Albums'. In 2006, Q magazine readers voted it into 42nd place in the "2006 Q Magazine Readers' 100 Greatest Albums Ever" poll, while The Observer placed it at number 1 in a list of "50 Albums That Changed Music"[12] in the July of that year. Also in 2006, the album was chosen by TIME magazine as one of the 100 best albums of all time.[13]
WIKI

Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I didn't realize my picture was so Big...lol. I'll resize it.

Loved Who's Next, my favorite album of theirs, maybe an obvious choice but I felt it was the best collection of songs the Who ever recorded.

Never got into the Velvet Underground & Nico at all, and I still don't get all the hype over that album. I don't hate them or anything, but that record just doesn't do anything for me personally Shadow. Maybe I'll give it another listen just to see if I have changed my mind about the place it occupies in the annals of rock and roll.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online