Beginning acoustic

Mike

Reaction score
Hey everybody

I'm just beginning to learn acoustic guitar and wondered if you guys have any ideas for songs to learn. Nothing too hard.. haha

Thanks

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Tangerine by Led Zep is a great acoustic song to learn that is pretty easy.
Knockin' On Heaven's Door is a standard.

You can learn most Nirvana songs in basic power chords, and most Neil Young songs in basic chord versions. For Neil Young, hyperrust.org has tons of nice song chords.

eccentric man

Reaction score
the intro to led zeppelin's 'over the hills and far away' is always fun to play.

newdawnfades

Reaction score
I still consider myself a beginning guitarist. My personal recommendation would be to log onto Riff Interactive. Short of actually getting guitar lessons, this site is a great tool for learning songs and such. It has audio and the instructors provide video where you can see how they play each section.

Look at the schedule for each instructor for their free sessons. You can even ask questions while you are learning.

You can purchase any of their lessons on CD as well. I bought the David Gilmour CD a while back and was really satisfied. My fav instructor is Lyle Ronglien. Take a look:

http://www.riffinteractive.com/

Mike

Reaction score
eccentric man said:
the intro to led zeppelin's 'over the hills and far away' is always fun to play.

I've actually been learning that one, it's fun.

I'm surprised at all the replies, thanks a bunch everybody! :D That should give me enough to work on for a while. I'll still accept more suggestions though, heh.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online