Bee Gees' Robin Gibb diagnosed with liver cancer

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Although I am a progressive and heavy rock fan, I have a soft spot for the Bee Gees. I grew up listening to the group in the sixties because (a) they were huge and (b) my mum liked them. Maurice married Lulu locally too, amidst a hail of publicity. Robin is my favourite member of the group - his 'I Started a Joke' is a really great record.

Robin Gibb does a lot for the market town where he lives: allowing people to use his grounds, donating items to charity auctions, adding his name to local campaigns and getting involved in events. At a time when many successful celebrities seem self-obsessed, Robin, who is more successful than most, is a modest and considerate person.

After the death of Maurice, Robin and Barry spoke about how they would like to continue to perform together, but as The Brothers Gibb rather than The Bee Gees. Despite this, Robin is virtually retired. He lives at his home in the UK and does not spend large amounts of time in California. I hope Robin makes much greater progress than the stories in the press would imply. At only 61, he deserves the time to enjoy his retirement.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is really two bad.I like some of their stuff,and I was hoping at some point Robin and Barry could do something as The Bee Gees again.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
I always had a 'thing' for family bands as a kid {The Jacksons, The Osmonds, The Beach Boys, ccr,The Kinks, AcDc,,..Patridge Famly ? yes not A REAL family ) I dunno what it was still , I guess THE STRENGTH was in their blood .

But The Bee Gees also had that amazing harmony that came thru years of practice together..they been at it a long time..

I am feeling sad for Barry the most..I can't imagine losing one of my sibs let alone 2 ..maybe 3 :(

Best of luck Gibb Family :uh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online