Beatles "Remasters" coming on vinyl

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

f you passed on the CD remasters of the Beatles catalog a few years ago and have been holding out for the true audiophile experience, good news: The band’s catalog is back on vinyl.

Now here’s the bad news: The vinyl reissues have been collected in a 16-LP box set, due Nov. 13, that will set you back a whopping $399.99 — and that’s on sale from the list price of $449.99.

Of course, for hardcore Beatles fans, it’ll be an investment worth making; the set contains all 12 studio albums, plus ‘Magical Mystery Tour’ and the ‘Past Masters’ releases, presented on 180 gram vinyl in what the label description promises is “authentic, jaw-dropping sound guaranteed to rival the original LPs.”

“For this project, there was no such thing as too many cooks in the kitchen,” continues the description, outlining the rigorous steps taken to enhance the albums’ fidelity while preserving the integrity of the original tracks. “Yes, it took a village to get it right.”

It might take a village to pay for this thing, too — but hey, even if you have to eat peanut butter sandwiches for a few weeks, at least you’ll be able to listen to newly remastered Beatles records on your turntable, right?

Beatles-Box.jpg

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I'll need to dip into my Christmas present fund but it'll be worth it. Would be nice if the mono albums were included. I wonder how much that box set will cost.

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
I wish the Stones would get this sort of careful treatment. Always treated as the poor cousins.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Didn't the Stones get a similar, and vastly more expensive, package treatment just like this a couple of years ago?

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
THE ROLLING STONES 1964-1969
THE ROLLING STONES 1971-2005

RS_MOCKUP_WPS_01-600x267.jpg

Lots of nice looking paraphernalia but they're still not faithful to history. This release program saw the US and UK issues of the first three albums poorly distributed/ mixed up or with singles added.

If I live in the UK why do I want to buy a Stones debut album that is reportedly named "England's Newest Hitmakers".

It's ****ing atrocious as The Rolling Stones (true debut), Rolling Stones No 2 and Out of Our Heads are incredible, raw, lean slabs of British blues rock.

No amount of fancy packaging or 5,000 word essays by some arse at Billboard magazine makes up for the fact that you can't properly buy the debut album by one of if not thee greatest rock bands there ever was.

Am I the only one that sees this? And whilst a fan I'm not even an all out Stones obsessive so god knows what the faithful think of this.

It's not even a matter of opinion: just checked on Amazon and the true Rolling Stones UK debut album is deleted on CD and as such retails at some £35 (which I guess would be around $65 for your chaps over the Atlantic). Does that sound like a careful release programme?

Grrrr indeed!!!

Last edited:

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Lots of nice looking paraphernalia but they're still not faithful to history. This release program saw the US and UK issues of the first three albums poorly distributed/ mixed up or with singles added.

If I live in the UK why do I want to buy a Stones debut album that is reportedly named "England's Newest Hitmakers".

It's ****ing atrocious as The Rolling Stones (true debut), Rolling Stones No 2 and Out of Our Heads are incredible, raw, lean slabs of British blues rock.

No amount of fancy packaging or 5,000 word essays by some arse at Billboard magazine makes up for the fact that you can't properly buy the debut album by one of if not thee greatest rock bands there ever was.

Am I the only one that sees this? And whilst a fan I'm not even an all out Stones obsessive so god knows what the faithful think of this.

It's not even a matter of opinion: just checked on Amazon and the true Rolling Stones UK debut album is deleted on CD and as such retails at some £35 (which I guess would be around $65 for your chaps over the Atlantic). Does that sound like a careful release programme?

Grrrr indeed!!!
That is good to know since I don't have any of the earlier releases before Beggar's Banquet.

On topic: I will likely pick up this Beatles collection.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I love vinyl and I love The Beatles, but I don't think I will ever be able to afford those. I have dozens of Beatles LP's on vinyl, so I suppose I'll just hafta enjoy those for now.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theanexavis

Members online