Battle of the Sad: Tears In Heaven vs Dance With My Father vs Cat's In The Cradle

Which song do you think is the "saddest"?

• Total voters

CheckItOut

Reaction score
Re: Battle of the Sad: Tears In Heaven vs. Dance With My Father vs. Cat's In The Crad

Updated the title of the poll and first post to hopefully reflect what you wanted a little bit better.

oh, thanks!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Battle of the Sad: Tears In Heaven vs. Dance With My Father vs. Cat's In The Crad

I don't think many songs can reflect more sadness than ones inspired by real life and what real life tragedy could be worse than losing your son in an accident. Especially one close to home that you are always going to wonder if you could prevent. "Tears In Heaven" is a beautifully sad song with truly expressive sorrowful vocals by Clapton. It also has one of the most heartwrenching lyrics "Would you know my name if I saw you in Heaven" as it's said for those that believe in Heaven by strict doctrine (please no debate in this area, it's just one that's been discussed and I think Clapton's playing off that idea) believe that there are no memories of earthly relations. So the idea of Clapton never even having his son recognize him or vice versa after death is truly tragic. Anyway, I do like "Cats In The Cradle" better as a song but as a song that draws out emotion "Tears In Heaven" wins hands down. Maybe Clapton doesn't get enough credit for this because it's considered too emotional but how can you not have an emotional song about that subject matter.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Tears in Heaven, though that's a really good Luther song and I've really been getting into soul and R&B lately so I'll have to give it another listen. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online