Bat For Lashes

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
battype2.jpg
Bat-For-Lashes-in-leopard-006.jpg

I saw the Bat For Lashes breakthrough album everywhere in 2009 and while you'd think it was completely in my realm o listening I completely blew it off. Then this past week the new single was featured on Spotify and it definitely hit all my pleasure points and more. It's a perfect mix of Tori Amos, Paula Cole and Sia. Here's the single that sold me:

Laura
(Tori piano chords, Sias ambiance and Paula Coles haunting vocal)
0.jpg

I went back and listened to the 2009 album and it's a complete gem. Here's the album and highlights:

Two Suns
tVBCDH-heDYko6Rjg1gGPyjBZHTN8zFCimx0E2K4S0C_DZuj9g.jpg

Glass, Daniel & Moon and Moon
(Glass is very Tori in vocal style and the piano melody in Moon and Moon is so similar to one I've heard by Tori it's uncanny, any real Tori fan wouldn't mind though as it's handled with such graceful care, Daniel has a great Kate Bush feel to it)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The Official video and Live performance of Laura
2012BatForLashesLS01PR130612.jpg

I've noticed that on top of the music the singer is also very captivating and enchanting! Just the simple video with her singing had me mesmerized! :D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Oooooh! I like this Sooty!!! Laura and Moon and Moon :grinthumb

Maybe looking into this one as a purchase....thanks for this!!

:cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Oooooh! I like this Sooty!!! Laura and Moon and Moon :grinthumb

Maybe looking into this one as a purchase....thanks for this!!

Not a problem! I can see a Tori fan like you liking her! It was a hit with our mutual friend Lee too and Taboo seems to like that Laura song as well! :grinthumb I'm looking to buy the 2009 release as well as the new one when it comes out! :cheers2:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Just got done spinnin' both those tracks just now....classy stuff bro!!

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
Indeed! I'm liking Bat for Lashes :D. I decided to download her first album "Fur and Gold" just to start from the beginning and to get feel of her early debut stuff, which is excellent!.. I haven't tried the second album yet, but I'll sure be downloading it tonight.

I'm not sure If y'all heard the first album, but there's this one song that has great atmosphere:

The beginning makes me feel like I'm in some medieval forest at sunset. Love it!

I have to thank you Sooty for getting me hooked haha :cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
No thanks needed! You know the forum is doing it's job when you can bring something new to someones ears that they may not have heard on their own! The song you posted was really great and makes me think that she has Tori's tribal, earthy vibe from Pele but adds a lot of ambiance to it. It's a great combination. i need to listen to that debut. I chose Two moons first after hearing the new single "Laura" simply because I had recognized the album covers when it came out! :grinthumb

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
So I've been listening to the second album Two Suns and I thinks it's really great stuff. I think I may like it better than the first.

This song in particular stands out to me:

She really reminds me of Bjork in some ways, which is nice.

Edit: I also forgot to mention the very last song. it's a collaboration with the genius himself, Scott Walker!.. I was surprised when I first heard this song and knowing that it was him, very random cool jaja..

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online