Barclay James Harvest (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I love this version to "Medicine man " bit of classic rock at its best !! :grinthumb

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I love this version to "Medicine man " bit of classic rock at its best !! :grinthumb

That's a really good version indeed. Never listened to bonus tracks properly, as I get to know this band through vinyl records only, soon I should be able to listen to Baby James Harvest once I get a record player. But been listening to BBC's Medicine Man. Love it. Much better than studio I must say. :D

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Great band, have most of their albums, not listened in a while but seen em a couple of times, they play well live, I could sit there for hours and have...

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
My current BJH collection:
1971 Once Again
1971 Barclay James Harvest and Other Short Stories
1972 Baby James Harvest
1972 Early Morning Onwards
1974 Everyone Is Everybody Else
1974 Barclay James Harvest Live
1975 Time Honoured Ghosts
1977 Gone to Earth
1978 Live Tapes
1978 XII
1979 Eyes of the Universe
1981 Turn of the Tide
1982 A Concert for the People (Berlin)
1983 Ring of Changes
1984 Victims of Circumstance
1990 Welcome to the Show

I need to get the first self titled, Octoberon, Glasnot and Face To Face. I have Octoberon as a double LP set with Time Honoured Ghosts, but if I can get it separately I will be very happy. Got Time Honoured Ghosts few weeks ago, so that's one down. Haven't listened to Ring of Changes (fully), A Concert for the People and Eyes of the Universe yet, gonna have to revisit Time Honoured Ghosts again (since I got another copy).

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
That's quite a collection Nolo, I have a number of their albums myself, probably up to XII, great band, seen them a couple of time but I have so many to listen to by different bands, it's hard work getting through all my albums...

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Haha I have the same problem here. :D They did release some good stuff in the 80s too despite them ending up being a trio band.

A good tune here from Eyes of the Universe, Sperratus.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Well done Nolo ! LG has spoke about doing a BJH thread for a long,long while , so its good finally to see one for this fine band . I borrowed some of their albums in the 80s and always had a soft spot for them . A band you dont hear about much nowadays.......So I thought Id put up a couple of choice tracks up. Love the "phaser/flanged" guitar sound ! :grinthumb
An underated band....

Great thread nololob, I have many of their albums and have seen them a few times, great band, I was inspired by "Time honoured ghosts" :)

I have got "Time Honoured Ghosts" on vinyl somewhere hidden away, I havn't played it for a long time though. I think you have inspired me to dig it out Nolo.:grinthumb

2vtqu55.jpg

well I never the three of us like this imho underrated band from Manchester... like yous I a fair few of there albums amazing band huge in Germany:oyea::bow::grinthumb oh only just found thread.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
been listening to these gems...:bow::bow::bow::omg::bow::omg::bow:

Attachments

• eyes.gif
    eyes.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 2
  • emoorig.gif
    emoorig.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 2
  • gone.gif