Bands that refer to themselves

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
7963668996_8fedfae3da_n.jpg

This entire album consists of songs written about one another and exposes the feelings the members had for one another during that time.

That's why it's so good, I think. The feelings conveyed weren't drawn from past experience, it's what they were feeling at that very moment.

And, having the feelings exposed to the very person you're writing about, that had to add some electricity to the vibe.

A great album, one of my favorites. It's also one of those albums that, even if you don't own it, you know every song.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I forgot about this album, The Eagles "Hell Freezes Over". I can't remember which band member said that after they retired when he was asked by a reporter whether the Eagles would get back together and tour.

The-Eagles-Hell-Freezes-Over-127067.jpg

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
^ Good choices. There is also Then There Were Three by Genesis, even though it should have been called Then They Were Crap.

11andthen.jpg

Cozy 4ever

Reaction score
I was thinking about the Perfect Strangers album by Deep Purple, and, although there is a title track, the album title refers to the band when they reformed. This led me to think of Heaven and Hell's album, The Devil You Know, as in 'better the devil you know'. There are several links here, because Ian Gillan worked with Black Sabbath on Born Again and Ronnie Dio was a member of Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow. Dio also references Perfect Strangers on The Devil You Know.

Can you think of any other group names or album titles which refer to the band's situation?

Do you mean like how "LA Connection" was directly about Tony Carey ragequitting the band?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online