Bands/Artists with good/bad album packaging.

Canadian Air Force

Reaction score
Whether they had any input into the packaging or not, what bands/artists have good or bad packaging?

This can be everything from the album art, to the lyrics/information section, album sleeves, etc.

From my experiences, Iron Maiden has solid packaging. Their albums have the lyrics, personnel info, history, photos of the tours at the time and some cool pictures with Eddie.

When it comes to the worst, Kanye West's last two albums are really bad. I don't have his previous works before 808s and MBDTF but 808s has the lyrics and personnel info in the tiniest fonts and on one line for each song. I can't describe it, but it's annoying and hard to read. I'll provide photos if people want more info.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I'm sure someone here is gonna smack me one of these days for bringing up Bruce again and again :tongue:, but I think the packaging of The Promise: Darkness On The Edge Of Town Box Set is pretty cool. It comes with an 80-page notebook containing reproduction of Bruce's original notebooks from the recording sessions, including alternate lyrics, song ideas, recording details, personal notes and never-before-seen photographs.

The-Darkness-on-the-Edge-of-Town-Story.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I am not surprised you posted your favorite JG.:D

It's hard to say about some bands these days when it comes to packaging. You get a generic offering here, and then look at a Japanese edition that's dressed up to the nines packed with extras...:think:

This set of Elton John's early years is first class.

Elton-John-Paper-Sleeve-Coll-473177.jpg

Here's a different package but the same albums in the set.

00106563_medium.jpeg

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Hey oh Lord, those Elton sets look pretty cool. Wouldn't mind having one of those meself. It looks the same as the Beatles mono box set. I liked that packaging a lot more than the stereo set. Does it have something to do with the mono box being made in Japan while the stereo set was made in the States? The Japanese record companies sure know how to put a nice package together.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^The SHM set is almost as nice BobD...the booklets are extensive, I'm not sure but I think they came in a box set as well...couldn't find an image to post though.(SHM is JVC'c audiophile grade CD they invented.)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online