Apocalyptica (official thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
It's a good thing to bump a thread sometimes...now there's lots of replies.

:grinthumb

Oblivion

Reaction score
After the plays metallica album (2years later) they produce a second studio album named: inquisition symphony. Now you already know one song from this album (see above: nothing else matters) but this album isn’t just metallica covers alone…
Apocalyptica+-+Inquisition+Symphony+(1998).jpg

Those who know the metal scene a bit will recognise the album name.. It’s a sepultura song.... And the song is on the album along with covers of faith no more (song: from out of nowhere), metallica and pantera (song: domination). BUT !!! now they also have 3 songs that aren’t covers… Harmageddon; which is the first song on the album, is a slow starting, weird sounding intro that suddenly sets the right tone with speedy plays and a nice melody. Along with MB (stands for metal boogy) and toreador they really prove that they can make great sounding, fast paced metal songs of their own.

Next in line of albums we have CULT.
apoca2.jpg
This album is something else… they finally have the balls to actually use a lot of distortion and produce a daring album with special effects.
10 songs they made themselves, 2 metallica covers and as the cherry on a pie:
an interpretation of “Hall of the mountain king” by Edvard Krieg.
This song really is worth listening to but I’m not gonna put it in here because it is a bit “special” and doesn’t represent cult well enough.
The special edition (see picture) is the first album that has guest singers on it.
Two to be exact.. The first being Sandra; the female voice of the guano apes. And the second one is Matthias from a band named the farmer boys.
The following song is the one with Sandra in it.. named Path vol.2. Why did I pick this song? Because path vol.1 is a great song and because I want you to hear their music with a voice on it… And I’ll admit: because Magic likes Sandra as a singer...

(you might have to click this one twice, to open it in a new window..)

:grinthumb Still a long way to go before we get to their more recent albums, stay tuned

b.o.b.

Reaction score
Sacra
the new video from Apocalyptica.

"Sacra" comes off the band's latest album, 7th Symphony, which was released on August 24 this year.

apoccd.jpg

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score
This love, this love is going to be the end of me.

Stuck in my head like a mother****er. They performed here less than a week ago. It was a sold out show that I wasn't interested in. If they got rid of the radio hit artist collaborations they would make remarkable progress. Sure it's what Apocalyptica do but the solo work can be beautiful and therefore untainted.

This is exceptionally okay

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
New Song "END OF ME" featuring Gavin Rossdale from the new CD "7th SYMPHONY"

51ZKix1zQ2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
That was a great song! I'm a pretty big Bush fan and this was the best thing I've heard from Gavin since Bush! :grinthumb This should be a permanent band rather than Apocalyptica always rotating vocalists, using guest vocalist, etc.! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
The new CD is incredible and I agree man...Gavin sounds GREAT on that track.

Here's another good track from the new disc.

"BROKEN PIECES" with Lacey from Flyleaf

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
dunno about you guys, but the opener to 7th Symphony grates on my ears......

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online