Any ideas?

Barbarian

Reaction score
Hey all, new to the forum, and have a question that has actually bugged me for years.

There is a version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen that I had on an old phone, years ago,(2003 - 2005), that was performed by a female artist. It started off with just vocals, then after the first verse, a seriously sick riff going into possibly the best version of the carol I have ever heard. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO THE ARTIST WAS???

Like I said, this has been bugging me for years, and after extensive research, I have decided to ask here.

I would check the phone for the details, but I lost the charger about 10 years ago, and it's been in the attic ever since (I think).

Thanks in advance to any and all possible solutions.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Couple of questions.

1) you had it on a phone from about 2003-2005? Or it came out during that timeframe? (or both)

2) when you say it went into a "sick riff" after the first verse, are you saying it as a rock guitar riff and if so, was the rest of the song kind of rock-oriented or just that one point?

Barbarian

Reaction score
Hey Lynch, I downloaded it around that time, but not sure when it was released. As for the rest of the song, from what I remember, it was done rock style after the riff. I know, not a lot to go on. From what I remember, the riff was done on and electric guitar, and covered a 'verse', then was accompanied by drums briefly before vocals started up again with the verse starting "From God our heavenly father". Sorry, I can't remember anything else that could be useful.

I have spent countless hours scouring YouTube, Google, Bing, even other forums, but to no avail.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online