Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
news4jax.com

Former Lynyrd Skynyrd Backup Singer Dies

POSTED: Thursday, June 24, 2010
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Lynyrd Skynyrd
CULLMAN, Ala. -- Former Lynyrd Skynyrd backup singer Deborah Jo White, who performed under her maiden name "Jo Jo Billingsley," has died at her Cullman home after a bout with cancer. She was 58 years old.

A spokesman for Cullman Funeral Home confirmed her death Thursday and said arrangements are pending.

White toured with Lynyrd Skynyrd for three and one-half years before departing the Florida-based group in August 1977. She was invited to rejoin the group two months later when she warned the band about having a dream about its plane crashing. It did on Oct. 20, killing lead singer Ronnie Van Zant and others.

She later left rock music, becoming a minister and Christian singer in Cullman.

The band's current lead singer, Johnny Van Zant, said it was tough to hear about another member of the Skynyrd family dying.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
White toured with Lynyrd Skynyrd for three and one-half years before departing the Florida-based group in August 1977. She was invited to rejoin the group two months later when she warned the band about having a dream about its plane crashing. It did on Oct. 20, killing lead singer Ronnie Van Zant and others.

This is a true story.

I'm a huge Skynyrd fan. And this is sad news.

I''m choked up, actually.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
OMG...another death. The music industry is becoming a 'grim reaper'

:rip:

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
Between Skynyrd and the Allman Brothers Band losing members, maybe it's like the curse that the Little Rascals supposedly had? Sure would like to see a cure for cancer before I cross the river. Rest in peace JoJo. Just a side note regarding Skynyrd singers, I'm in love with Dale Krantz Rossington but don't tell.:heybaby:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online