Anna Nalick working on a new album.

Abraxas

Reaction score
On May 11, 2007, the first indication of Nalick writing her second album appeared on her website. Few updates were given after that.

On January 28, 2008, Anna Nalick premiered her first single off the new album, "Shine", on AOL music's page. The EP "Shine" was released April 1, 2008. It featured the title single, a cover of Red Hot Chili Peppers' song "Breaking the Girl", and acoustic renditions of Nalick's best-known tracks.

On July 12, 2008, it was reported that Broken Doll was to be the title of Anna's second album. The album was originally scheduled for release in the summer of 2008; however, a falling out with Epic Records resulted in the album being scrapped. Little was heard from Nalick until the summer of 2010.

After revealing a bold new look and the announcement of her comeback via Facebook in August 2010, it was revealed that Anna left Sony in 2009 to be a free agent. She is currently independently making a record with producer Nathan Chapman (Taylor Swift, Jewel). The new album is expected for release in 2011. On August 25, 2010, Nalick premiered a new song, "The Lullaby Singer", on her official website.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
cool! I like Ana a fair bit! Actually her EP had me excited about her new material. Liked the Breaking The Girl cover! One of those artist where the debut album didn't blow me away but shows potential as an artist! :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well that's cool. I like Anna Nalick and actually just got back into her music for the first time since the release of her debut.

Abraxas

Reaction score
I'm glad to see that's working on a new record. Earlier in the year I heard rumours that she left her recording career to focus on writing songs for other artists which, thankfully, were not true. Can't wait to hear the new album. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online