AM Taxi

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The-AM-Taxi.jpg

AM Taxi is a cool new band that has a quality that reminds me of The Ataris, a little of Taking Back Sunday and mixes in songwriting qualities of Bryan Adams and solo Don Henley. I just found out two of it's members are formerly of Luck Boys Confusion who also had a great sound. I just received the c.d.:

We Don't Stand A Chance
1275605269_511nkwjo65l._sl500_aa500_.jpg

I love these tracks off of it! Perfect catchy pop rock jingles with a gritty vocal:

Fed Up
(Very Springsteen like vocally but the rhythm and melody reminds me of Billy Idol "Dancing With Myself")

and an acoustic version:

Fed Up (acoustic)

The Mistake

Maydays and Rosaries
(Good rock ballad, actually has a reggae vibe and for a ballad that's unique)

Dead Street
(cool rocker with a good anthemic chorus)

Champagne Toast
(great acoustic closer with a different feel to it)

This c.d. has a lot of traditional rock homages but also a lot of variety and different layers! Cool band! :grinthumb

Updated Discography
(Runaway Songs EP, The Good, The Bad and The Fed Up EP & We Don't Stand A Chance)
americantaxi.jpgamericantaxi.jpg
n91944nc2zz.jpg

Official AM Taxi Website

Reaction score
I've heard Fed Up before, and I like the vocals.. I don't think I could listen to these guys too often, but they are definitely catchy enough for a song every now and again.. I really liked Maydays and Rosaries, and Dead Street a lot.. Dead Street was pretty punky, but it had a cool lead guitar line.. I like it:grinthumb

Another great write up Soot!:tup:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Good fun pop band! Catchy tunes...been checking this out and I enjoyed Maydays and Rosaries...and YES Fed Up is VERY Springsteen! :grinthumb

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score
I like these guys! I have never heard of them before. All their songs, from what you have shown, I like them all. But a couple of my favorites I did enjoy were Fed Up, The Mistake and Dead Street. They have diversity in their style. Thank you for the share :grinthumb adding to the list!

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Soot! I really like them. I can definitely hear the Springsteen influence, especially in Fed Up, but I like all the songs. I'll be adding them to my music collection. Thanks again.:grinthumb

Listening to them made me think of a New Jersey band that to me has the same kind of sound and also has the Springsteen influence...The Gaslight Anthem. I'll just post one song here because I don't want to derail your thread. If you haven't heard them, check them out. I think you'll like them.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online