Alter Bridge (Official Thread)

bellevueace

Reaction score
AlterBridge.logo.jpg

AlterBridge.jpg

AlterBridge-DownloadFestival08-LS02.jpgAlterBridge-DownloadFestival08-LS06.jpgAlterBridge-DownloadFestival08-LS04.jpg

Alter Bridge Official Website

Discography:

2004: One Day Remains
2007: Blackbird
2009: Live From Amsterdam
2010: AB III
2012: Live at Wembley
2013 : Fortress

This is a band i really dont know much about, however after seeing slash and myles kennedy the vocal performance at this gig was outstanding, im now looking into alter bridge back catalogues, so which is the best album to start off with as regards to this band? Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harkat

Reaction score
Re: Alter Bridge

I don't know too much about Alter Bridge but from what I have head, they produce some good music.
Out of only a handful of songs, Metalingus is one of my favourites.

Metalingus

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I have their entire catalogue. It isn't like they have a dozen albums to sift through, so why dont you begin with the debut:

One Day Remains.

Alter_bridge_one_day_remains.jpg

Highlights for me off this album would be

Broken Wings

Shed My Skin

bellevueace

Reaction score

Cheers, as they havent such a huge catalogue starting with the first album should give a taste of what the band are about.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

In all honesty, they aren't that different in sound to Creed. A lot of people hold Alter Bridge in higher reguards than Creed, since Scott Stapp is not the vocalist. Myles Kennedy's vocal style is not all that different than Scott, IMO.

Another difference in Alter Bridge vs. Creed, is the religious references in the lyrics. Alter Bridge lacks these references :grinthumb

livemusic

Reaction score

Anyone checked out their third studio album AB III? Love it!

Completely riff based album - just the way I like it..

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Alter Bridge's 2012 single "Slip to the Void" exclusive video premier:

Alter Bridge Slip To The Void exclusive premiere | MusicRadar.com

The new DVD/Blue-ray "Alter Bridge: Live at Wembley" is set to be released March 26, 2012. The DVD/Blue-ray set will also include the hits Rise Today, Blackbird, Watch Over You, and Slip to the Void (which Music Radar has given an exclusive viewing of).

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I am just getting into this band after seeing Myles Kennedy with Slash at Donington (Download) and being blown away with what they gave us. A friend suggested I get hold of "Blackbird" and so I did ... all I can say is I regret not getting it when it came out cos it's brilliant, I just can't fault it. So on to the next pick up for me, what a band.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@ Sox.....I am glad to hear you give Alter Bridge a good mark. Myles is decent :grinthumb

Mark Tremonti
363px-TremontiCropped.jpg

Mark Tremonti is an excellent guitarist, too. He just released his first solo album July, 2012; "All I Was". A bit heavier than Alter Bridge or Creed...good stuff!!

600px-Tremontialliwascover.jpg

Full Album

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Thanks Magic I have to say I am really impressed, both Mark and Myles play a mean guitar and I think Mark was voted quite high on the Metal guitar list. The overall sound of Alter Bridge though I think is just great.

"Ties That Bind"

"Buried Alive"

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online