Alice Cooper (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Personally, I loved Nightmare 2. Out of context things like having Kesha sing on it sound out of place but so did him doing a disco song lik "You Gotta Dance" from his "Goes To Hell" album, which is what I think that song is harking back to, both in the song and album.
One thing Alice has always made a point is being eclectic with his deeper cuts, especially since going solo. There was of course his new wave era in the early 80's that is in a similar vein of dance music, "Some Folks" is tap dancing based, "Last Man On Earth" is polka, "Crazy Little Child" is Dixieland jazz, the entire "Lace And Whiskey" album is big band, "Gutter Cats vs. The Jets" was based on West Side Story (I believe), and so on and so on.
I think "Welcome 2 My Nightmare" is the most Alice Cooper album the Coop could make when you look at it encompassing his entire career basically. That's just my take on it anyway.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I think Nightmare 2 holds true to everything that made the man and the band GREAT!!! I love it the more I play it

:cheers2

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nightmare 1 for me is where its all at. I recently got into that album, and enjoyed that one a lot. :)

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Years Ago, Steven and The Awakening is still a trip and a half

:grinthumb

The Awakening has always been one of my favorite cuts, but I always wished it was longer.

Lo and behold, after 37 years (yup, it's been that long), I achieved nirvana: An alternate cut, with another verse.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
The Awakening has always been one of my favorite cuts, but I always wished it was longer.

Lo and behold, after 37 years (yup, it's been that long), I achieved nirvana: An alternate cut, with another verse.

OK....that's pretty cool!!! Thanks for posting this :cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
After listening to it I know what that is.....they spliced two versions together. The first half is what we know as The Awakening from the album and the new second half is the version that was done for the The Nightmare television show with Vincent Price, which I have at home.

It was the ending sequence before Dwight Fry and Escape.....great show and one I wish they would release on DVD and Blu Ray.

The words on the televsion show were different and added here, creates a second verse. But sool regardless to hear them together.

Here is standout clip of years ago from this special. The show is THIS good!

alice-cooper-the-nightmare-1975-rare-out-of-print-bee5.JPG

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this.

I watched Johnny Depp's Dark Shadows. Not bad, entertaining enough.

Anyhow, I was pleasantly surprised when The Coop showed up. I had no idea he was in the flick.

Depp's character, Barnabas Collins is throwing a ball in his mansion, and Alice was the entertainment.

He did No More Mr. Nice Guy, which was cool.

But what really made me happy was he also did The Ballad Of Dwight Frye. AWESOME!! One of my favorite cuts. Never dreamed I'd ever hear that in a movie.

Now, Collins, as everyone knows, is a vampire.

So, for anyone who may not already know, Dwight Frye was an actor, whose career was mostly playing a disturbed horror film lackey.

One of those films happens to be in 1931's Dracula. The classic one, starring Bela Lugosi.

I just thought that was a pretty cool tie in.

Anyway, here's are a couple clips if any wants to see . I was surprised I actually found it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Khor1255

Reaction score
Ha! Cool. I was going to pan that flick but thanks to you and a boy named Alice I've changed my mind.

Thank you.

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
I was a big Alice Cooper fan back in the 1970's (which drove my parents crazy), and I remember seeing him on TV one day in the early 70's in a movie from 1970 called "Diary Of A Mad Housewife". It was a sequence of his band playing at a party way back in the early days. It was pretty wild!

And I found it on YouTube. It has a pretty wild ending that shows more of him starting at around 3:00...

Sorry if this has already been posted. It's a long thread...

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online