Albums You Disagree About With The Artist (Favorite/Least Favorite)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Geddy Lee cites "Power Windows" as one of his favorite Rush albums, as evidenced by how many tracks off that album they have played on recent tours and live DVD's. While there isn't a Rush album I don't love, "Power Windows" is way down my list of faves.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Excellent choice. I never knew that. PW was the first album I seriously lost hope that they would ever return to their classic sound. I like it a little but it will never be a real Rush album to me.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Power Windows is the rare Rush album I think was way too polished in production.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lars and Metallica claim Lulu is a great album. I vehemently disagree with that to epic proportions.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
My favorite Who album is "The Who...By Numbers". I read a Pete Townshend interview where he claimed that "Quadrophenia" was the last album that the band "really tried" on. I can see that with the two post-Moon efforts ("Face Dances" and It's Hard"), but "By Numbers" and "Who Are You"? "Squeeze Box" aside, "By Numbers" is an interesting album filled with songs showing Pete trying to come to grips with the onset of middle age, especially how it pertains to his rock star status. John Entwistle gets into the act as well with "Success Story", a darkly humorous look at the same subject.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I disagree with Deep Purple not being too big on Fireball. I think that is an underrated gem of an album.

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
Atom Heart Mother by Pink Floyd is the example that most readily springs to my mind. It's not a perfect album, and it's not as good as Meddle, but it's one I do enjoy listening to, and I like all of the five tracks. In short, I think it's a worthy Pink Floyd album.

Alas, Pink Floyd themselves aren't with me on this one:
''If somebody said to me now - right - here's a million pounds, go out and play Atom Heart Mother, I'd say you must be f-----g joking'' - Roger Waters

Ouch.

''[The album] was a load of rubbish. We were at a real down point ... I think we were really scraping the barrel at that point'' - David Gilmour

Can't agree with this, IMO Atom Heart Mother is the first Pink Floyd album where their progressive 1970s sound is truly in evidence. I'd say Ummagumma was much more of a 'scraping the barrel' album - at least all of the tracks on Atom Heart Mother are actually songs! 'Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast' vs 'Several Species...' is no contest for me, I find both funny but one is musically excellent while the other is unlistenable.

Another album I'd highlight is Parachutes by Coldplay - for me this is the band at their best, a lovely mellow alternative rock album with simple but relatable lyrics, pleasant guitar lines and excellent melodies, but Chris Martin has said that he thinks it is 'terrible music'.

Quite frankly, if he prefers their more recent commercial pop songs, then I'll happily keep my 'terrible music', thank you very much.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.