Airbag

BARRY L

Reaction score
Anyone heard this amazing Norwegian band? They've done 2 albums: Identity [the debut and slightly more laid back] & All Rights Removed [more up-tempo]. They are both mostly influenced by the Floyd with a small hint of early Porcupine Tree, but I can now detect their own character. I will challenge anyone who's into really melodic prog with lots of stonesy keyboard and guitar sections [some are quite lengthy] to take a chance. Once you've given the CDs a couple of spins, you will be demanding they come and play live in London if not a full tour. Had Airbag have arrived on the scene about 30 [or more] years ago, they'd be massive. But we progsters know all too well what it's like in today's musical society, it's not how good you are, but if you have a hip or cool image. If you love the Floyd, then you could also try a Swiss band called Metamorphosis, although with the brilliant 1st 2 or 3 albums you could have difficuly obtaining [but well worth the effort].
Good listening. Barry L

TB_

Reaction score
I'm from Norway myself, so I'll check them out. In the meanwhile, make a few paragraphs and maybe embed a few videos? :)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I am a Pink Floyd fan, but I could not get into Airbag. There is probably too much of the Porcupine Tree influence for my taste.

houseofallseasons

Reaction score
I love Airbag. Bjorn is a great guitarist and has taught me alot. They've started work on their 3rd album now. Hopefully it will be out soon. In case you're interested I've got a music project with some floyd like stuff on it. What's your favorite airbag album?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online