Aerosmith - Music From Another Dimension (2012)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: Aerosmith - Music From Another Dimension

I'm getting worried now :heheh: :uh:

It's really not a bad album but it's definitely not a return to the roots as hyped. I think Riff will enjoy it as you might as well, MP. I actually think it pretty good in the format I'm listening to it in...but not the kick ass Aerosmith that raunched and rolled it's way through the 70's by any means.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I will agree with you that it is far from a return to its roots. To be perfectly honest I am glad they didn't. As for the ballads and the ridiculous number, the irony of me saying this is I usually hate heaps of ballads on an album but on this one it works nicely for me. Each song including the ballads were something I found easily captured with. Pretty awesome album for me.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I think I'll ask you again 6 months from now what what you think of the new Aerosmith CD Rattlehead, if you have forgotten about it by then that speaks for itself.;) Or if you reach for a different recording when you want your Aero fix then that also will be the true reckoning.

As far as the mix between uptempo rockers and laid back ballads go, I really have no issue with a band doing whatever they want, including picking the strongest set of songs.

However, when this album was in the formative stages, after Tyler and Perry went to counseling and kissed and made up...:D...they told us it would be a KICK ASS return to ROOTS Aerosmith album. So those of us that expected a few more classic hard rocking songs like the band at their very best in the 70's are not at fault, it's the band who put that out there in the first place.

I still am on the fence on this one, not sure I'll buy it or not.:think:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
6 months from now Ill probably still like the album, I always listen to albums numerous times that I particularly like this ones no different. I pretty much liked every second of the album including the bonus tracks. This one hit better for me than what Van Halen's album did, just me though.

Sara

Reaction score
I actually really liked the album, and I love Out Go the Lights, but I could definitely have done with fewer ballads and I really, really don't like Joe Perry's vocals. His voice really reminds me of Gene Simmons, and as much as I like KISS, that's definitely not what I expect to hear on an Aerosmith album! Not really sure if it's an album that will stand the test of time, but they generally do well commercially with their ballads, so who knows, maybe it'll help get some of the current chart-listing generation into listening to decent bands and music instead of Emeli Sande or whatever other rubbish is currently being played everywhere.

I also wrote a full review of the album on my blog a couple of weeks ago, but I'm afraid it's not quite in the league of this one!

RedMetal

Reaction score
Thanks for the review, Ill give it a listen with an open mind!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online