Aerosmith Album?

Reaction score
A little advice...find a site with lyrics.

Steven Tyler speaks a language all his own.

And yes, start with Aerosmith's first. It's like a lot of bands' debut. Raw and crunchy.

Here's the enitre album, with the times for each song. My personal faves are One Way Street, Movin' Out and Mama Kin

Thanks for the advice! Hahah yeah, I've definately noticed the language of Steve Tyler. I love it though- it is so unique and no one but him can pull it off

billyporter

Reaction score
start at the beginning. personally i don't like their 1st lp, sounds very dated of course. my favourite is their 2nd get your wings.
i've got get your wings up to night in the ruts. after that they were in decline imo, although just push play did have a few good songs.

their first few lps were definitely heavier, perhaps thats why i like them more?
train kept a rollin is my favourite track of theirs from get your wings. actually they didn't write that one.
the song is played twice, a studio version and then a live version[not sure if its really live] and has fantastic guitar throughout it.

draw the line is their funkiest lp. some fans didn't like it but i do. they do funk quite well imo.

i went off them around the same time they started using outside writers like desmond childs. when the big radio friendly power ballads started to become common for them to record, i couldn't take it anymore.

aerozep3207

Reaction score
I would def start by listening to the first 4 albums - I would jump ahead a little bit and listen to permanent vacation,pump,get a grip,hockin' on bo bo, and nine lives. When you start filling in the holes I would start with night in the ruts,just push play,rock in a hard place and end with done with mirrors (not their best)you might want to check out their live cds after that - a little south of sanity,rockin' the joint and bootleg and Aerosmith 1 & 2.
Welcome to the club.

keep those model subways running - watch the closing doors :wtf:

MottTheWot

Reaction score
Toys In The Attic and Rocks are all you ever need to get started, stay well clear of the 90's onwards especially I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing!!!

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score
Get It Up from Draw The Line. It kicks you in the ass and punches you in the gut. Underrated tune from them.

Draw The Line is my favorite album from them.

MottTheWot

Reaction score
A little advice...find a site with lyrics.

Steven Tyler speaks a language all his own.

And yes, start with Aerosmith's first. It's like a lot of bands' debut. Raw and crunchy.

Here's the enitre album, with the times for each song. My personal faves are One Way Street, Movin' Out and Mama Kin

You know this might sound crazy, but i wouldn't mind them re- recording this whole album in it's entirety for an anniversary release in 2013? Some great songs here.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online