Account Deletion

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Totally agree, what I particularly adore is discovering new stuff, or albums and artists I missed over the years. In these bad times we need to embrace this wonderful medium.... that brings us together ( no hippy BS intended) and show them out there... we won't be bested. This is a good place where I can express and hunker in equal measures.
Anyhoo it's late... I'm punching out.
welcome back ApageMark.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Totally agree, what I particularly adore is discovering new stuff, or albums and artists I missed over the years. In these bad times we need to embrace this wonderful medium.... that brings us together ( no hippy BS intended) and show them out there... we won't be bested. This is a good place where I can express and hunker in equal measures.
Anyhoo it's late... I'm punching out.
welcome back ApageMark.
And there are those out there who have stagnant music growth... Or they think they've found all that's good or worth listening to... I find that to be a shame. I couldn't listen to the same dozen artists over and over again. There's way too much good music out there.

Khor1255

Reaction score
And there are those out there who have stagnant music growth... Or they think they've found all that's good or worth listening to... I find that to be a shame. I couldn't listen to the same dozen artists over and over again. There's way too much good music out there.
I try but I'm usually let down especially if it's someone that came out in the last 20 years. I'll keep trying though.

My latest 'discovery' has been a best of from The Marshall Tucker Band who previously batted a .500 with me because they had one song I liked that I knew of (Can't You See) and one I didn't care for (Heard it in a Live Song).

I now even like that tune and most of the rest of what I've heard.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
I try but I'm usually let down especially if it's someone that came out in the last 20 years. I'll keep trying though.

My latest 'discovery' has been a best of from The Marshall Tucker Band who previously batted a .500 with me because they had one song I liked that I knew of (Can't You See) and one I didn't care for (Heard it in a Live Song).

I now even like that tune and most of the rest of what I've heard.
It's hard to dig deep and find some good music in the more modern era, especially if one has been spoiled growing up in those eras of great music, but it's out there.

Yeah, good stuff. Check out MTB's first four albums, if you want. Recommended.

There are also many older bands to discover and check out, as I'm sure you've done already... But every time I delve deep, I seem to always find something I enjoy, at least some tracks of an artist. Usually.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
It's hard to dig deep and find some good music in the more modern era, especially if one has been spoiled growing up in those eras of great music, but it's out there.

Yeah, good stuff. Check out MTB's first four albums, if you want. Recommended.

There are also many older bands to discover and check out, as I'm sure you've done already... But every time I delve deep, I seem to always find something I enjoy, at least some tracks of an artist. Usually.
I discovered a whole bunch of new music by looking at the various members that played in bands. For example, Ollie Olsen played drums on an early UH album and I know that he went on to play with Elton John, so I explored the early discography of his and found that the first couple of albums were absolutely brilliant. Based on the radio play at the time, I would never have listened to those albums at all without that connection.
The same with producers. Some producers can make any band work, eg. Gus Dudgeon was great with Elton John and then later on with bands such as Audience, Fairport Convention and Lindisfarne. All brilliant imo.
Another way that I used to use to discover bands was to research the record labels. For Example, I liked Deep Purple In Rock on the Harvest (EMI) label. When searching through records, I discovered other bands such as Barclay James Harvest and Marc-Almond on the same label that I may never have listened to. The Vertigo label had some really great experimental bands that most people have never heard of.
And then lastly, album art also plays a part in exploring music. Over the years I have bought a lot of records based solely on the cover art (with some real lemons in between). Roger Dean is a great example. Besides the early greats such as Yes and Uriah Heep, he also did album covers for bands as diverse as Lighthouse, Gentle Giant, Budgie, Osibisa, Gun and more recently, Black Moth.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
So, I return from Espania to see that I've got messages saying " posts deleted - no politics"...
It really isn't worth continuing with this nonsense, I gave it my best shot by returning a while back... but being hampered by this vile woke N.A.Z.I regime... simply is laughable on a site that thrives on expression about a medium that thrives... on expression... I'M OUT.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online