Acceptance

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Acceptance
acceptance.jpg

Here's a band that only with Anberlin gave great credentials to Christian rock. Along with Anberlin they also showed that this genre plowed it's way into better songwriting using the magical ambiguity that used to not exist in the genre so all can relate to the lyrics on a personal level regardless of faith. it also shows Christian Rocks tendency towards the pure crystal voice that can still evoke emotion and conviction. These guys in their short career showed the ability to juggle between darker edged alternative rock and uplifting pop rock!

One of my favorite songs comes off the title track to their EP:

Black Lines To Battlefields
5d349c278d42.jpg

These guys had only one full album but I really enjoyed the whole thing and it left me wanting more:

Phantoms
679094.gif

It was lead by this single which I bought the album for:

Different
(poppy, inspirational feel good pop rock, cliche maybe but a good cliche IMO)

The c.d. is a little formulaic but everyone has that band that solidly gets you through an album just with the right blend of catchy hooks and tight melodies. This is one of those bands for me. Here are some of my favorite tracks.

Take Cover
(More energy, better melody and chorus than the single)

The Letter
(just a catchy melody all the way through, should've been a single)

Glory Us
(a great melodic closer)

One of those bands for me that has the basic qualities I like and the album is great ear candy! I read somewhere that the singer left the band to get out of the spotlight and lead a "normal" life. I think they could've developed quite a bit and used these qualities to become a more epic band had they stayed around. :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online