AC/DC (Official Thread)

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Brian Johnson Discusses Possibility of AC/DC’s Retirement

Brian-Johnson-ACDC-630x420.jpg

AC/DC survived the sudden departure of co-founding member Malcolm Young, but that doesn’t mean they haven’t considered calling it quits.

“Y’know, retirement is like anything,” Brian Johnson tells the Morning Sun. “A good footballer, a good ice hockey player, they don’t want to retire, but unfortunately sometimes there’s a time when you have to call it quits. So, it’s an ongoing thing with us. We never say no, and we never say never.”

That said, the reaction to AC/DC’s first post-Malcolm album, last year’***** Rock or Bust, and its resulting tour continues to bolster Johnson.

“The thing about the boys in AC/DC you’ve got to remember is we’re constantly surprised and amazed at how we keep the success going,” he said. “We don’t know what we’re doing. I mean, we literally don’t know what we’re doing, except what we’re doing is we just play 100 percent every night and give it everything we’ve got. If that’s the secret of success, we’ll pass it on. But we never expect the crowds. We never take anything for granted. How can you? Times change. You’ve just got to keep doing what you’re doing, basically, and just hope they come back for more.”

Rock or Bust went to No. 1 in more than half a dozen countries, including the U.K., and earned gold certification in the U.S. on the way to a No. 3 finish. AC/DC’s celebrated North American tour continues tonight in Detroit.

Read More: Brian Johnson Discusses Possibility of AC/DC's Retirement | Brian Johnson Discusses Possibility of AC/DC's Retirement

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome show on Tuesday night. They were awesome.
Loved particularly how they played Let There Be Rock at the original slower tempo.
Coachella live one was exactly how they played it in Melbourne.

mrJim

Reaction score
That must have been a great show. I couldnt beleve it when they announced The Hives were going to be touring with them. Wish that show was here in the US

Jim

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
AC/DC is one of the few bands who stayed doing GOOD music up till 1991 anyway (I have a concert from them on VHS (Live at donnington) and its excellent!!)

I have these albums

T.N.T. (Australia only)
Let There Be Rock
Back in Black
For Those About to Rock We Salute You (I have this on cassette)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Phil Rudd - Head Job album
220px-Philruddheadjob.jpg

Repo Man

Head Job

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member