AC/DC (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fire Your Guns has become a firm favourite.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
34 years ago AC/DC released Back In Black. :)

S Levi W

Dr. Rock
Reaction score
Fly On the Wall, Blow Up Your Video, and Stiff Upper Lip are pretty much useless to my ears. Sorry. Everything else has its purpose in their canyon.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thing that let me down mostly about Fly and Blow are the production on each. Fly almost had a sort of echo type sound on the production especially the vocals. The drums sound like it too. Blow Up Your Video had good songs but sterile sounding production.

S Levi W

Dr. Rock
Reaction score
Thing that let me down mostly about Fly and Blow are the production on each. Fly almost had a sort of echo type sound on the production especially the vocals. The drums sound like it too. Blow Up Your Video had good songs but sterile sounding production.
Yep, those dreaded mid 80's production techniques... FOTW did have several cool tunes, marred by that echo-ish production you described, BUYV, to me was just not up to par, material-wise, Stiff Upper Lip has a good warm, back to basics/live immediacy/ type of sound, but I can't honestly say, other than NYC, there is another song I like there. IMO Black Ice, production-wise and material-wise was the best album since FTATR. Just my 2 cents worth. :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, those dreaded mid 80's production techniques... FOTW did have several cool tunes, marred by that echo-ish production you described, BUYV, to me was just not up to par, material-wise, Stiff Upper Lip has a good warm, back to basics/live immediacy/ type of sound, but I can't honestly say, other than NYC, there is another song I like there. IMO Black Ice, production-wise and material-wise was the best album since FTATR. Just my 2 cents worth. :)

That's cool I totally understand where you're coming from. Black Ice is certainly a very solid return after 8 years at the time. The description of Stiff being good warm sound is pretty well summed up and it had more of a blues oriented sound.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like Malcolm's lead guitar work on Soul Stripper.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rock or Bust rules. I love how the music reminds me of many past albums from the heavy Flick of the Switch sound to Ballbreaker even. Best album they released in a long time. Dogs of War was a neat way to follow up War Machine off Black Ice and has a very Accept like chorus which rules. The only song that's taken a bit of growing was Rock The Blues Away but love the entire album. Can tell Malcolm did have a part in the music. He didn't record it but he did write some of the music.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online