About Spam Treads

Frands

Reaction score
Hi :),
I must admit that I really do hate spammers and their annoying, flaming, dunderheaded spam. I see alot of spamming in this forum and it's not healthy for a forum or whatever. People don't like spam and what the content might be.
I have been around Vbulletin's forum and have found this link. Maybe it can help getting rid of the spam:

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have often wondered,what do they hope to accomplish by spamming?

"Oh I bought a male enhancement product from a spam post on a classic rock forum!!" said no one ever!! :rolleyes:

Frands

Reaction score
They are like dump bears.
They are only dangerous if you engage them.
Watch their antics from afar and they are sort of silly.

I have often wondered,what do they hope to accomplish by spamming?

"Oh I bought a male enhancement product from a spam post on a classic rock forum!!" said no one ever!! :rolleyes:

Those people probably need to get some ordinary work to do! They must be bored to death, indeed.:flame:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

That is for vbulletin 4 or newer and this forum is running on VB 3.8

I hate spam, too.!!!

Here is the link for anti-spam for this vbulletin version. Maybe @Soot and Stars or @SharpDressedMan will pass it on to @Shaggy

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248470&highlight=akismet

Another thing that can be done to help stop these spammers is to check the IP address and add a "wild card" block to the first 1/2 of the IP address.

Frands

Reaction score
That is for vbulletin 4 or newer and this forum is running on VB 3.8

I hate spam, too.!!!

Here is the link for anti-spam for this vbulletin version. Maybe @Soot and Stars or @SharpDressedMan will pass it on to @Shaggy

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248470&highlight=akismet

Another thing that can be done to help stop these spammers is to check the IP address and add a "wild card" block to the first 1/2 of the IP address.

Oh shit! I was not aware of the Vbulletin version (was sleeping) :omg: [ooouch]

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Frands, we appreciate the attempt at a solution. Trust me; you are only seeing a small percentage of the spam we have to deal with every day - it's been worse than usual the past few months! Shaggy is working on a solution!

Frands

Reaction score
Frands, we appreciate the attempt at a solution. Trust me; you are only seeing a small percentage of the spam we have to deal with every day - it's been worse than usual the past few months! Shaggy is working on a solution!

I know that we don't see it all. I was just thinkin' of the forum and the users safety. One never know wut them flaming spammers are linking to. There's a lot of virus in the wild at moment!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know that we don't see it all. I was just thinkin' of the forum and the users safety. One never know wut them flaming spammers are linking to. There's a lot of virus in the wild at moment!

Simply don't click on any of the links and just click report in the meantime while a solution is being worked on. Glad you have been doing that.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score

You are right, but as Riff Riff said, the first rule of protection is to simply not click any suspicious looking links. 99% of the spam is obvious just from the subject line and even if you should accidently open a thread with a spam link in it, nothing is going to happen unless you start clicking through the links they've posted. Our members, and our own, safety has the highest priority and again, we are working on solutions and spend a large amount of time removing spam - not a job we enjoy I might add!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online