Abigail's Ghost (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I've gotten back into my progressive rock / progressive metal phase. And I decided to take a new road into the genre, and set my last.fm to the "Porcupine Tree" station. There have been a number of bands I have found so far that I quite enjoy, but Abigail's Ghost has stuck out to me the most in terms of musical talent. I think i've been drawn to this band very quickly because the vocalist does sound a bit like Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree, give or take. Definitely some good chill prog to listen to.

ABIGAIL'S GHOST
Progressive Metal / Progressive Rock

Abigails%2BGhost.jpg

The album i've been hearing a lot of recently is Selling Insincerity.
There's a lot of great music on this album, I am actually pretty excited to get my hands on this one and the rest of their catalog.
Everything i've heard on this one album so far is pretty incredible.

cover_31320432009.jpg

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Downloaded two albums from these guys just now. Listening to D_Letion right now. It starts off incredible. I'm going to love this band so much.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see what you're gettin' at. This is one of the bands you just accidentally stumble upon and just look them up on Youtube and realize they sound incredible. Good to hear you dig it man.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see what you're gettin' at. This is one of the bands you just accidentally stumble upon and just look them up on Youtube and realize they sound incredible. Good to hear you dig it man.

I like bands with that melodic vocal man. I love the original Evans Blue who were students of the Maynard school of vocals but like with any band we like them and see a band apart from their possible influences because of the sum of their parts. I guess that's why Pandora works because it gives you different shades of a certain style. I definitely get a different feel and mood from the Abigail's Ghost than Tool. Glad you are on a streak with finding bands. :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I like bands with that melodic vocal man. I love the original Evans Blue who were students of the Maynard school of vocals but like with any band we like them and see a band apart from their possible influences because of the sum of their parts. I guess that's why Pandora works because it gives you different shades of a certain style. I definitely get a different feel and mood from the Abigail's Ghost than Tool. Glad you are on a streak with finding bands. :grinthumb

You and me both man. I'm starting to move away from the growling vocals and grow an incredible appreciation for the heavy riffs with the melodic vocals. I think it was when I started listening to some Opeth and Porcupine Tree where I really started to get a good appreciation for the clean vocals. Dream Theater as well. But it's growing on me more nowadays than usual.

This band as well, they'll grow on me quick, I just know it.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
You and me both man. I'm starting to move away from the growling vocals and grow an incredible appreciation for the heavy riffs with the melodic vocals. I think it was when I started listening to some Opeth and Porcupine Tree where I really started to get a good appreciation for the clean vocals. Dream Theater as well. But it's growing on me more nowadays than usual.

This band as well, they'll grow on me quick, I just know it.

I've been getting into Opeth more as he's been changing his style more in that range than before it seems! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Cool...never heard of these guys. Will check them out. :grinthumb

The clips are cool and the sound has a bit of heavy and mellow mixed with a bit of prog and epicness. I'll have to listen again a second time :cheers2

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Good to hear MP. I'm sure you'll come to enjoy it more with more listens.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online