A Little Known Band Named Galloglass...

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
(I will be thoroughly surprised if anyone else has heard of this band)

burnlogo3.gif

Gallo.jpg

Official Website

Galloglass is a power metal band formed in 1999 in Germany. The band released their debut ablum "Legends From Now and Nevermore" in 2003 and it's follow up "Heavenseeker" (the latter being my preference of the two). Little is known about the band outside their music as they've not had much exposure, but I think they are worth mentioning.
Their songwriting has many levels and incorporates many medieval themes such as druid like chants and the use of acoustic instruments like the lute and the violin mixed with their twin, harmonized guitar parts, gospel based backing vocals, and overall power metalyness. Their songs lyrically are about dragons, sword fights, battle, sorcery, folklore, and other similar themes that are sometimes found in black metal.
Sometime in 2006 their original singer and bassist left the band for unknown reasons. They have since been replaced but no new material has been released and the band appears to be a on a definite hiatus.
I unfortunately have no other information on this band. It seems that they have made a attempts to do such things through myspace and making a website, but they don't appear to be committed to such things as they seem to have been abandoned shortly after getting started on them.
Originally their work was impossible to find, but over the years much of their work has been uploaded onto Youtube.

My introduction to Galloglass was some years ago while watching a video on Youtube that featured the following song "Dragon's Revenge" in it. This was at the peak of my "mega metal phase" and within 24 hours I had bought both their albums online. The song that follows it "Kings Who Die" has since become my favorite song from the band. The others are other song that I really like by them.

Last edited by a moderator:

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Nice! I've never heard of these guys before but they're busting my head open right now.

I really love their name, too. I wonder where they came up with something that aesthetically pleasing.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well a from what I understand a gallowglass was an elite mercenary from either Ireland or Scotland. I suppose given the subject matter of their lyrics such a thing fit for a name though I guess they have issues with the letter "w".

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I'm curious to see how LG will react to this band, since I know of the love for power metal that dwells in his camp. ;)

Harkat

Reaction score
An interesting band Harmony, a nice little find!
Shame that they ended without releasing too much more work, it would have been great to hear them evolve and grow! :D

Dragons Revenge and Kings Who Die sound similare to Rhapsody of Fire IMO
However, Heavenseeker is just such a nifty and great song!!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.