Which 60’s Pop song is your favorite.

• Whiter Shade of Pale

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • House of the Rising Sun

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Out of all the 'Versus' this was tough... Eric and The Animals made this a classic and I suspect (?) this seriously took the blues back to America, I bet it woke up the Brits!
....but,and I recall John Lennon drunk at a party raving about a demo he'd just heard. Procol's lyrics, the hammond, the sampling of classicalism... just dripped 'different'.. AWSOP.

michael 802

Reaction score
HOTRS was a traditional blues ballad, reborn. I had all the Animals early vinyl and loved them- but the group got ******* out of all royalties to the song by a band member who left them all off of the copy write, just listing his name. Eric & company got zero!
WSOP was written by the band and that tips my vote to them. Plus it is great.

michael 802

Reaction score
HOTRS was a traditional blues ballad, reborn. I had all the Animals early vinyl and loved them- but the group got ******* out of all royalties to the song by a band member who left them all off of the copy right, just listing his name. Eric & company got zero!
WSOP was written by the band and that tips my vote to them. Plus it is great.

michael 802

Reaction score
Eric is a Brit. One of his bandmates 'found' Jimi H.! In his autobio he said that coming here was weird. He went to a party in California (I forgot where) and someone gave him a handgun! Freaked him out..

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online