Worst Beatle Song

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Right off it sounds like I'm not a Beatle fan but not true.. They have a huge catalog of songs and some are duds..

Out of all the Beatle tunes your familiar with, what song or songs do you think were not one of their best..

Mine would be the overplayed "Yellow Submarine" .. I get they make happy chanting songs.. I just never liked a song that repeats the chorus over and over.. :pullhair:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh gosh….there are a lot of Beatles songs I don’t care for. There are songs on every album that aren’t worth a poo…..

The debut:
Boys..a cover song sung by Ringo. Stinks.
Anna…another cover sung by Lennon. Stinks.
Chains..another cover sung by Harrison. Stinks.
A Taste of Honey..a cover sung by McCartney. Stinks.

I understand the media hype during this time, the Beatles were new. They had the “boy next door” look. They melted the young girls panties.
The Ed Sullivan show began the ripple with “I Want to Hold Your Hand” 2/9/1964. Voila! A new and exciting pop culture began. Great song!

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
“Ask Me Why” is one that I have never liked.
I can appreciate a few things about the song: John has the lead and the harmonies are good of course. It’s sort of a throw back to 1950’s rhythm and blues and George strums chords well with a few changes but the scat or doo wop fill in singing I just do not like.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I liked allot of there old stuff.. I had to do a search not long ago based on the rumor that Elvis didn't like the Beatles.. It turns out he was threatened because

his songs were on the top charts till their Beatles started to pop out hits and his song went down the charts..

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Back when I was 11 and the local radio station had a request line.. I was home alone with the radio on and I called so many times

and finally got through and requested "Revolution" .. Sat there and waited like 3 hours when the DJ finally played the song..:whistle:

This website gave their top 10 worst Beatles songs.. Hell I don't think I know any of them..

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/worst-beatles-songs/

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
“Boys”, “Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby” are certainly songs recorded by The Beatles I could live without. “Wild Honey Pie” I also agree with. They should have completed “Not Guilty” and included it on The Beatles instead of something like “Wild Honey Pie” and “Why Don’t We Do It In The Road”.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online