Hey Babyboomers.. How About Some Pop!!

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
GOOD GOD.. Huge Wiki write up on them.. Goes on forever.. Ha!!

Thats a long piece but they deserve a good deal of coverage imho. One of my favorite bands....in my top 20 probably....very well crafted music and lyrics. Very clever material with catchy tunes on multiple levels imo . As far as 'pop rock' they were one of the best ever imo.
FRom the Wiki piece:
"XTC was one of the smartest – and catchiest – British pop bands to emerge from the punk and new wave explosion of the late '70s. ... While popular success has eluded them in both Britain and America, the group has developed a devoted cult following in both countries that remains loyal over two decades after their first records. ... XTC's lack of commercial success isn't because their music isn't accessible – their bright, occasionally melancholy, melodies flow with more grace than most bands – it has more to do with the group constantly being out of step with the times. However, the band has left behind a remarkably rich and varied series of albums that make a convincing argument that XTC is the great lost pop band."

One of my favorites by them but they have many great songs......many fans think 'Skylarking' is their masterpiece. This one is from Oranges and Lemons.

Last edited:

Jester143

Reaction score
Thats a long piece but they deserve a good deal of coverage imho. One of my favorite bands....in my top 20 probably....very well crafted music and lyrics. Very clever material with catchy tunes on multiple levels imo . As far as 'pop rock' they were one of the best ever imo.
FRom the Wiki piece:
"XTC was one of the smartest – and catchiest – British pop bands to emerge from the punk and new wave explosion of the late '70s. ... While popular success has eluded them in both Britain and America, the group has developed a devoted cult following in both countries that remains loyal over two decades after their first records. ... XTC's lack of commercial success isn't because their music isn't accessible – their bright, occasionally melancholy, melodies flow with more grace than most bands – it has more to do with the group constantly being out of step with the times. However, the band has left behind a remarkably rich and varied series of albums that make a convincing argument that XTC is the great lost pop band."

One of my favorites by them but they have many great songs......many fans think 'Skylarking' is their masterpiece. This one is from Oranges and Lemons.
XTC is truly incredible and I am consistently amazed more people don't know their work or that they didn't find more fame (perhaps because they stopped touring when Andy Partridge quit over stage fright issues?). Everyone should give a listen - so many incredible tunes. Also, if you're one of the "weirdos" like me who still listen to cds/dvds in surround sound (SACD or DVD-Audio, anyone?), there are AMAZING remixes of many of their best albums you can get that have the DVD of the album in surround. Highly recommend.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Lenny Kravitz~TK421 .. Lenny pushing his boundries a bit and a bit riskey for him.

:wtf:

Delilah

Rock N Roll Princess 8-]]
Reaction score
I happen to have an awesome radio rock station that comes in from Florida: Is called Gulf 104----Plays all of the rock classics...One of my favorite pop songs is: "Time After Time" By Cyndi Lauper....I love a lot of pop songs, but this one I really love...

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I happen to have an awesome radio rock station that comes in from Florida: Is called Gulf 104----Plays all of the rock classics...One of my favorite pop songs is: "Time After Time" By Cyndi Lauper....I love a lot of pop songs, but this one I really love...
I lived in Florida and I remember Gulf 104.. Some radio station really suck, but they didn't over do certain songs..

https://www.youtube.com/@gulf1045

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
A Little off topic, but I've watched this video a few times and just find it amuzing how Wednesday dances.. Creepy but cool.. And then somebody

Put's a speeded up version of Lady Gaga's Bloody Mary to the scene.. Jenna Ortega is a great Wednesday Adams..

:tup:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.