13th Floor Elevators: Past & Present (Official Thread)

Flower

retired
Reaction score
Re: 13th Floor Elevators: Past & Present

I wish it was a cold night for alligators. 100 degrees and counting. :uh:

:oyea:

It's not really funny .. the central a/c is running all the time and the cats have demanded that I put the ceiling fan on the third floor too ... Here's some more Roky ... "If You Have Ghosts"

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

Elevators first used term "psychedelic" in their music and their first album was one of my first psychedelic that hooked me to that genre so hard that even 3 years after I started listening to psychedelic rock, I'm still listening it more than ever! Roky is amazing artist, gotta see that docu about his life.

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score

I've always liked the 13th Floor Elevators. I've been listening to them on and off for 25 years, and there's a certain sound in their music that I could never figure out how they created. I finally learned that they had a jug player in the band, and that was the weird sound I had been trying to figure out! An electric, psychedelic band from the 60s with a jug player...who woulda thunk it?

Thanks for posting the info on that dvd about Roky...I will definitely be ordering that one.

Death on Credit

Reaction score

I love the 13th Floor Elevators. I got into them when I was big on the whole LSD thing in high school. That electric jug used to drive me and my friends crazy in the best possible way.

This is my favorite song by them. It's absolutely epic.

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
This is a cool band. Discovered them about 7 years ago. I got all there albums I believe. Here's one of my favourite tracks by the band

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Highly recommend this compilation to anyone wanting to see the progression of Roky.

Roky-Erickson-I-Have-Always-Bee-408340.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online