ZZ Top (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
I love Motorhead's version as well as their cover of Train Kept a Rollin' from the same album. To me this is Motorhead ...a bit sloppy & a bit grizzly but all in all it's fun rock & roll! This is what I expected it to sound like when I bought the record in the early 80's.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I just seen ZZ Top last night at the Tuesday Night Concerts at Artpark in Lewiston, NY & they put on a great show. It was a short set (11 songs) & they played about an hour & 15 minutes but for 10 bucks a ticket who could complain! I was amazed how many people in the crowd wore fake beards(there were even 2 guys with shades, fake beards, & they carried fake homemade furry guitars!
The set list was pretty much predictable ( Under Pressure, Tush, La Grange, Legs, Gimme All Your Lovin', Sharp Dressed Man, Waiting For the Bus, Jesus Done Left Chicago) a couple of songs from their latest La Futura including my favorite from that Album...I Gotsta get Paid along with Chartreuse, & the only surprise for me was Certified Blues from their debut & during one song they broke into Hendrix's Foxy Lady. I was surprised not to hear Cheap Sunglasses or Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers but no matter what ZZ Top always puts on a very entertaining performance. It was a great time & it did sell out(No surprise there!) But that's because they only put out 10,000 tickets for these shows.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Great ticket price, I am glad you enjoyed the show, I always like to see them play, top band, still need the new album...:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Greatest band ever? Definitely up there for me - as my avatar and username indicates. If I had to pick just one, I'd say Billy Gibbons is my favourite guitarist ever!

Do you have a favorite ZZ Top album or song SDM??

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
As if my birthday yesterday wasn't good enough already, in the evening ZZ Top posted some new tour dates on Facebook, including some dates in Europe. One of them (Stuttgart) is close enough for me to travel there. I'm absolutely psyched! I've been a fan since I was a kid, yet never managed to see them live and now it seems the dream is finally coming true.

For those interested, here's the tour dates (Dunno if more will be added):

ZZ Top 2014 Tour Dates
3/05 – Las Vegas, Nev.
3/07 – Aspen, Colo.
3/08 – Denver, Colo.
3/09 – Lincoln, Neb.
3/12 – Brandon, Manitoba
3/13 – Winnipeg, Manitoba
3/14 – Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
3/16 – Cold Lake, Alberta
3/17 – Calgary, Alberta
3/21 – Victoria, B.C.