Youtube Videos in Your Profile!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have now added a really neat feature to your profile........A Youtube Video!

To check out what it looks like, go to MY PROFILE.

Here is how to get this for your profile:

UserCP>>>EDIT DETAILS>>ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. Scroll down this box until you see the youtube boxes.

Here is the tricky part, you have to use the URL found in the video embed code provided by youtube. You can find this embed code below the videos at youtube.com.

Copy the http//www.youtube full address from that code and paste it into the box.

example from my aerosmith video.

here is the youtube embed code

< object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YUIQSy2_0Dg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YUIQSy2_0Dg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object >

Everything in RED is what needs to go into the youtube URL box.

Now you go to the next box and put a title for the youtube video.

Then if you want the video to auto-play when someone visits your profile put &autoplay=1 in that box.

You can change the video anytime you wish :)

I hope you enjoy this new feature!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If any of you have trouble putting a video in your profile, just send me a link to the video you want and I can add it for you.

NOTE: be sure the video has an embed code. If the video doesn't have an embed code or the embed is disabled, even I cant add that video for you.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
For those of you that want to play someones video while catching up in the threads or doing your posting, just open another tab for the forum and leave the other one on the persons profile, multi-tasking 101.:D

I don't have mine set on auto-play, if someone wants to listen to a video I've posted you just click on it the same as the ones in the threads.

Harkat

Reaction score
Thanks Magic for all your work on this! :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Neat feature, worked it out no worries.
Thanks for adding this Magic :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice to see you guys like this feature..........

Let's see some more people post here, and I will check out what is blasting in YOUR profile

:heheh:

Edit: Just a trick to get the address copied from the embed code. Copy the full embed code into notepad or word, then it is easier to 'pluck' the address from the code and copy it into the little box in your details.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just realised I can set mine to autoplay :) enjoy whoever does view my profile :tongue:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online