Your preferred Internet Radio station?

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
That was more directed at the OP Pops but yeah. :grinthumb

Check your Yahoo when you get a minute.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'll have to check later no Yahoo on this PC,,,and I am off to pick up my car at the garage in a couple minutes.;)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I thought digital radio stations would mean a return to the (albeit rare) rock programmes of the seventies, but I have found them very disappointing. They seem to either promote the LA bands of the eighties or play indie bands presented as progressive rock.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Pandora is fantastic for introducing yourself to genres you just have no knowledge of at all. But for actually listening to stuff I already like? They always play the opposite of what I want to hear, no matter how many songs I kick out.

Songza is the only net station that I really dig on, because you can choose exactly what songs you want it to play.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I like some of the radio stations offered on itunes. They have tons of all 50s/60s/70/ etc. They also have stations dedicated to one artist or band, like all Beatles, Stones, Springsteen, Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin. They also have all metal, all psychedelia, all soul, all disco. all country and like that. They even have a few weird ones, like all bad songs, all Christmas songs etc. And they offer non music stations, too. It's kind of fun checking them all out.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Pandora is fantastic for introducing yourself to genres you just have no knowledge of at all. But for actually listening to stuff I already like? They always play the opposite of what I want to hear, no matter how many songs I kick out.

Songza is the only net station that I really dig on, because you can choose exactly what songs you want it to play.

I must have better luck with it, because Pandora has introduced me to a lot of really good stuff. I usually just listen to it when I'm in a "shuffle" sort of mode and not really set on one artist/album at the moment. I've also found a lot of songs I had forgotten about. Thinking about upgrading to Pandora One and I wish the skip limit would be increased, but that's just about my only gripe. Never heard of Songza. May have to check that one out.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
You guys ever heard of Last.FM ? THE place to go, IMO..you can make your own radio stations based on a band, genre etc.. For example if you feel like listening to prog rock just make a Yes station ...it will usually play the band you type in first and then from there it plays bands that are sonically related.

You can make an Iron Maiden Station, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, David Bowie , Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin ....whatever you want. If it goes off course a bit from what you want to hear just start a new one. I even make Saint Vitus, Candlemass and other "obscure" stations and they almost always know exactly what I want and have plenty of it to play.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just deleted my last fm account lol
It brought out too much of a potential OCD in me where I had to keep my favourite bands at top listens. Yeah I am weird like that.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online