Wintersleep

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
wintersleep1.jpgwintersleep.jpg

Wintersleep is a band that I've gotten into and have posted in my journal. They are a great moody band with songs that are dreary but epic. Think Snow Patrol with a darker soul and more brilliance with a vocal with a wavering emotion that would make Adam Duritz of the Counting Crows jealous! I can't wait to add these guys to my collection! :grinthumb The albums I've listened to or sampled are these two:

wintersleep-B000J3FDQE-L.gif12472-welcome-to-the-night-sky.jpg

Here are my favorite tracks:

Orca
(If Counting Crows were more progressive and bordered on metal, I love this track off the the S/t album)

Laser Beams
(Snow Patrol smoothness with a great more epic build)

They do good cheery pop songs too:

Weighty Ghost

And one more for good measure:

Assembly Lines

Check 'em out!
:cheers2

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
:grinthumb Yes they do at times sound a bit like SNOW PATROL....but thats not a bad thing,some good songs there..

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
That is some pretty trippy stuff for sure. You nailed it with the Counting Crows bordering metal. I would have to spin it a few more times...out of the 4 tracks I liked Laser Beams I think the best...but I have to go over it again.

One of those bands where the name invokes one image and the music invokes another.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
These guys have changed their sound for the two new singles of off upcoming album "** Hum"! They aren't as much dark pop as I liked before! They modernized there sound but it's still original! There's something chaotic about the electronic sound they have that keeps it unique while it's still a version of the modern retro-ized movement!

wintersleep_hellohum.jpg
Resuscitate & In Came The Flood

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.