Why poor quality rock albums :(

Zambezi

Reaction score
It's a shame how Some album sounds
But I'm shure there are also records who are recorded Well.
These days everything is over compressed, there is No headroom anymoor!!

Live and studio recordings.

What are your best sounding rock albums ever.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
I'd have to go with Machine Head by Deep Purple as being one of the best overall sounding rock albums ever composed and produced. There are few bands that can rival their flagship release and there's not a damn song on that album that is off.

That album is the reason I worked in my uncle's auto shop and fell in love with muscle cars lol such sentimental value as well. The fundamental blueprints of heavy metal music... right through this album and many others, but there's something about Machine Head that labels impeccable development and credibility through sound.

Every member of that band is notable and gives their own unique spurts on every song. Every member's talent is clearly expressed especially on a track like Highway Star. Very distinguishable sound.

It's like, "You know what that is? That's Richie ******* Blackmore!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
I must say, I have generally hated studio recordings of the past two decades for the lack of any reverb on the vocals.
My biggest dissapiontments in this are the re-formed Asia's albums. I'd waited decades to hear those four men play again...
...and then they went and recorded John Wetton's vocals dry... no reverb at all.

These days, live recordings don't 'sound' live when they are recorded from a mixer through the sound board. There's no atmosphere
coming through... the artists may as well be playing in a studio.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
27938245334_5414e10d41_o.jpg

For a live album, Blues Alive by Gary Moore (1993) sounds great.
A wide-open sound, high highs, a clear horn section track, and a full bottom-end.

I'd have to go with Machine Head by Deep Purple as being one of the best overall sounding rock albums ever composed and produced. There are few bands that can rival their flagship release and there's not a damn song on that album that is off.

That album is the reason I worked in my uncle's auto shop and fell in love with muscle cars lol such sentimental value as well. The fundamental blueprints of heavy metal music... right through this album and many others, but there's something about Machine Head that labels impeccable development and credibility through sound.

Every member of that band is notable and gives their own unique spurts on every song. Every member's talent is clearly expressed especially on a track like Highway Star. Very distinguishable sound.

It's like, "You know what that is? That's Richie ******* Blackmore!"

R-750030-1430834403-6941.jpeg.jpg
Any Clapton piece.

some amazing points answering the question of sound issues totally agree with three persons here well sorry @Kui wouldn't say every Eric album.........eek!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online