Which Fleetwood Mac lineup do you like better?

Which Fleetwood Mac lineup do you like better?

• 1967 ~1970

Votes: 30 53.6%
  • 1975 ~ 1982

Votes: 26 46.4%

• Total voters

Reaction score
eberg15101 wrote:

ha, I love don't stop, but I overplayed it as well, Rumours is probably one of my like all time favorite albums, its a tough list to make, and a very large list, that I'm much to lazy to physically make a list, but Rumors would be on it

Yeah I don't know - personally when I listen to Rumors which isn't very often I might add, nearly the whole album has a sense of class about it and to me "Don't Stop" seems like a tune which was written in 30 minutes and it just goes it own way - they should have just put Rhiannon on it instead again! :D

hahaha, yes, that song is much much simpler than the rest, I think its good for it though, just kind of a feelgood, just go to it stripped down rock n roll song
and was the bolded part on purpose? :heheh:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I've also been fond of "Little Lies" when it comes to songs which weren't on Rumors! :D Juding my the Video that's one of their early 80s numbers! :D

Reaction score
I've also been fond of "Little Lies" when it comes to songs which weren't on Rumors! :D Juding my the Video that's one of their early 80s numbers! :D

I'll check that out tomorow, I'm a bit too lazy to get headphones and don't wanna wake my parents up with the speakers, I'll really listen to anything fleetwood mac, up till the mid 80s, it got pretty lame after that, and besides One Winged Woman or whateve rthe hell that song is called just about anything Stevie Nicks, I friggin hate that song though, but I'll check out the one you posted tommorow

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
eberg15101 wrote:

I'll check that out tomorow, I'm a bit too lazy to get headphones and don't wanna wake my parents up with the speakers, I'll really listen to anything fleetwood mac, up till the mid 80s, it got pretty lame after that, and besides One Winged Woman or whateve rthe hell that song is called just about anything Stevie Nicks, I friggin hate that song though, but I'll check out the one you posted tommorow

According to the YouTube site which had "Little Lies" on it, that song came out in 1987 and was on their "Tango in the Night" album which was the last album they did with Lindsay Buckingham. That comes out as strange cause I thought I heard that song in the early 80s - obviously though I'm mistaken.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
The first lineup was a hard driving experimental blues band which soon began delving into psychedelia. The 1975-1982 lineup delivered middle of the road pop which was just pablum by comparison.

:drums:

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Second version for me as well. I like the early incarnation of the band, but I have other hard driving blues rock bands to fill that niche for me.

CP/M, I am going to disagree with you again, the White Album is far better than Rumors...at least I will always feel that way.:D And I am shocked you don't have a copy of it as well, seeing you think some songs off Rumors are overplayed.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Lord Grendel wrote:

CP/M, I am going to disagree with you again, the White Album is far better than Rumors...at least I will always feel that way.:D And I am shocked you don't have a copy of it as well, seeing you think some songs off Rumors are overplayed.

NO I didn't way some songs off Rumors are overplayed, I was suggesting that many of the songs on Rumors are Underplayed. When it comes to "Don't Stop" - yes I feel that particular song is overrated and overplayed, though that's only one song from that album and I feel there are many wonderful songs from that album which are left unnoticed.

Yeah strange that - I've tried to get their so called "White Album", though whenever I ask about it down at the local music shop they point me to some Beatles albums! :tongue:

wolfsblood

Reaction score
I think both lineups rocked. Don't underestimate the ability of the Buckingham/Nicks lineup to rock. Check out I'm So Afraid, Oh Well (the only Peter Green-era song they ever performed live to my knowledge), Go Your Own Way and others from the Fleetwood Mac Live album from 1980 and you'll hear that they still rocked hard.
Of course their were other lineups in between headed by Bob Welch.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It's called the White album for convenience, it's real title is "Fleetwood Mac", and I am surprised you can't find a copy.

CP/M, I think Rumours was overplayed, I bought it when it was released but when almost every song received extensive radio play it sort of wore out fast for me, whereas the predecessor did not get overexposed. It is the album that paved the way for Rumours though.

Last edited:

Zombeels

Reaction score
The first lineup was a hard driving experimental blues band which soon began delving into psychedelia. The 1975-1982 lineup delivered middle of the road pop which was just pablum by comparison.

:drums:
gotta go with this.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online