When did this happen??!!!

Ember

Reaction score
While desperately trying to find a decent station to listen to on the radio I finally found something I could live with, Sting. This was followed by Earth Wind and Fire.
I thought "Ok, it's older music but I like this selection. I can live with this station, what is it?".
It was some Smooth Radio station!!! "Smooth" anything music used to be uncool. These songs used to be on the cutting edge stations, now it's "smooth"??? I do like "smooth" but I generally know when I'm listening to it. :D
I think I need to get Satellite radio. I generally just listen to my selection of cds but I thought I'd branch out and see if I would hear something new I'd like and wouldn't have heard otherwise. Public radio isn't going to cut it I think. I have yet to find anything new playing on those stations that I like much except for an occasional fluke. Then it's ruined by the station overplaying it to death.
The classic rock station I used to like seems to only play The Doors, Zep, and Neil Young. I still listen because the playlist is sometimes peppered with Floyd. But man (and in this case woman) cannot live on Floyd alone :bonk:

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
There is a thread around here somewhere about the lost art of radio stations playing great music. I can't remember anything about the title but that is essentially what the thread came down to... lost art.

those were the good ole days...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Ember I don't bother with radio except for my Classical station, and it's been cutback a lot the last few years.

I have collected so much music now, and can upload it to my Sansa or Walkman...:D...that I simply have given up on all radio.

I don't have Satellite, but from what I understand they have a limited playlist as well.

Basically I could start my own radio station if I wanted to.:hab:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^The day it hit me, that I am just like my parents was when Cadillac was using a Led Zeppelin song on their TV ads a few years ago.

Then I knew I was officially old JG...:gg:

:heheh:

JerseyGirl

Reaction score

Ember

Reaction score
I know JerseyGirl...scary huh?!

The only reason I occasionally turn to the radio is to try to expand my musical horizons. It's too easy to listen to what you already know and like but how can you stay current that way? I don't like the stuff shoved down our throat on tv so how else do you discover?
I think that may be why I sought out this forum. Looking forward to hearing about things outside of my norm.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
^^The day it hit me, that I am just like my parents was when Cadillac was using a Led Zeppelin song on their TV ads a few years ago.

Then I knew I was officially old JG...:gg:

:heheh:

We're not old LG, just better. ;)

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
Nope, JG, though I hadn't seen your thread. This was more about some of us venting about radio stations -what they used to be - and how many of us don't even turn on the radio anymore. I tried to find it but no go. :(

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online