What's Up?

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Rangers fan.

I assume you're not too fond of the Rangers after the occurences this spring. :D

Hi Floyd, I thought we did OK actually to beat the Bruins and reach the conference semi's, considering we had a poor regular season by our normal standards. No, I'm not a Rangers fan, even though most of my friends and neighbours are, though I'm also a Mets/Orioles fan surrounded by Yankees fans, a Brooklyn/Jersey Nets fan surrounded by Knicks fans, and a Redskins fan surrounded by Giants and Jets fans, so I'm well used to getting my ass kicked in sports bar arguments :uh:

The Floyd

Hey You
Reaction score
Hi Floyd, I thought we did OK actually to beat the Bruins and reach the conference semi's, considering we had a poor regular season by our normal standards. No, I'm not a Rangers fan, even though most of my friends and neighbours are, though I'm also a Mets/Orioles fan surrounded by Yankees fans, a Brooklyn/Jersey Nets fan surrounded by Knicks fans, and a Redskins fan surrounded by Giants and Jets fans, so I'm well used to getting my ass kicked in sports bar arguments :uh:

I was surprised that the Caps beat the Bruins, like many others. Had to admire the way they won it, too, the style Hunter was implementing was just straight up effort and grinding. Holtby showed a lot as well, although I don't think the Rangers tested him as much as they should or could have - but that's due to the great team defense from the Caps.

I think the addition of Ribeiro is a big help. They've been missing a true #2 center since before the lockout, and it'll take less pressure off Backstrom to carry the load. I don't think losing Semin will hurt much, and if Holtby can perform like he did in the playoffs, the Caps should go right back to their division winning ways.

There's definitely a future there.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I was surprised that the Caps beat the Bruins, like many others. Had to admire the way they won it, too, the style Hunter was implementing was just straight up effort and grinding. Holtby showed a lot as well, although I don't think the Rangers tested him as much as they should or could have - but that's due to the great team defense from the Caps.

I think the addition of Ribeiro is a big help. They've been missing a true #2 center since before the lockout, and it'll take less pressure off Backstrom to carry the load. I don't think losing Semin will hurt much, and if Holtby can perform like he did in the playoffs, the Caps should go right back to their division winning ways.

There's definitely a future there.

There is actually a hockey thread here, though it's only likely to get active once the season starts - assuming that the new season starts at all that is, since the two sides are still locked over a new collective bargaining agreement, but here it is....

http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/f18/any-hockey-fans-here-10501/

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Congratulations!!

You're the 9th caller, and you've just won two tickets to see Emmet Otter and His Jugband!!

Sorry. I can't help it. Really. It's an affliction. Comicus Interruptus.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary71390

Members online

No members online now.