What's the last gig that you went to?

E-Z

Reaction score
Currently Arthur Lee of the 1960s and early 1970s band LOVE and his 1972 solo album VINDICATOR which I have heard 1.000+ times before and it still 'blows me away' dudes!!!. The album VINDICATOR is basically Arthur's tribute to JIMI HENDRIX which goes without saying is 'HEAVY' on the electric guitar and guitar effects from the two separate lead guitarist on the sessions with Arthur on vocals and 2nd guitar plus several different bass players and drummers.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I’m posting this now because I won’t remember some of these bands later:
Paramore with opening acts Claud, Japanese Breakfast, and Young The Giant.
I know two of these bands.
Paramore put on a surprisingly good show. I don’t listen to modern pop/modern alternative music much these days and could only sing along with two of their older songs but the lead singer had fantastic energy through the show and some of their songs really had me moving as well.

Last edited:

70sProgFan

Reaction score
WISHBONE ASH last night at Holmfirth Picturedrome.
Celebration of 50 years of 'Argus'.
Generally good gig (except for the phantom farter!)
Gig review here.

2022-wishbone-ash.jpg
2022-wishboneash-1.jpg2022-wishboneash-2.jpg

Last edited:

70sProgFan

Reaction score
Am I the only person going out to actually see live music?!

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I’m sure you are not the only one going back out to see live music. Maybe your priorities are a little different than others. And good for you.
I’ve been lucky enough to share a few live concerts with my wife, children and friends this year. Some older, “ classic rock bands, like Toto, Journey, Pat Benatar, The Rainmakers and some newer alternative rock bands like Glass Animals, Paramore, and Young The Giant.
Throw in a few more nights with some local bands performing cover songs at a nearby bar and a few others at some festivals. A few nationally known cover bands performing at still other festivals.
I missed seeing Liz Phair because she was sick. And I missed seeing Alice In Chains and Bush again because I was sick.
It’s been a fair year for live music for me.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Also I was lucky enough this year that I was able to see a few high school marching band competition with my brother and our mother.
Thousands of School kids, in marching parade bands, ages 14 through 18, from across America, performing short choreographed musical numbers. One of the regional competitions featured marching bands from 63 schools and their performances included original music as well as performing short pieces of well known pop/rock songs.

sgunko902

Reaction score
I attended my first and last concert completely by accident. I was looking for a way to meet trans people and very accidentally came across a group of guys, who also like me were going to this concert, but had no one to attend it with and we decided to unite. It was the concert of my favorite band Scorpions in Paris. The best thing at this concert was probably the people around me. There was a new show, with a fantastic production. There I met interesting guys, including I got to meet trans people and we cried and laughed together and had a really good time.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online