Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frands

Reaction score
The PIRATES!! This was the reincarnated band after Johnny Kidd died many years ago. Spence on vocals was rough & tough.
Robert Plant once said: "Led Zeppelin would never have been without Johnny Kidd & The Pirates". They were a great influence on us":):):)
Those were the days with Rockpalast on German Tv...I'm going nostalgic. Great band and music!!!:HP-Love it!

deerwan

Play It Loud
Reaction score

this gem..................

View attachment 20903

This is a wonderful double live album by Edgar Winter's White Trash Band between blues, soul and hard rock.

In the last track of the second side: Rock And Roll, Hoochie Koo, the lead guitar is Johnny Winter.

The PIRATES!! This was the reincarnated band after Johnny Kidd died many years ago. Spence on vocals was rough & tough.
Robert Plant once said: "Led Zeppelin would never have been without Johnny Kidd & The Pirates". They were a great influence on us":):):)

What a great period for the Crims, one or my favorite Byrds lp (GP's influence didn't hurt),
a nasty, Edgar & White Trash's funky white boy rythym and blues workout right out of the backwoods of tobacco roadwork, never see Pirates stuff anymore, but had a few back in the day. Kudos for all the good stuff.

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score
:bow: One of my absolute favorites! :cheers2 Severely underappreciated and sadly didn't meet much commercial success but they are one of the reasons Metallica exists!

I had a hell of a time trying to find this back in the '80s. I finally picked it up on CD in early '90s. Influential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online