Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I was given some gift cards for my birthday, so I decided to pick up some releases that had been on my wish list for quite some time:

Royal Blood - Royal Blood

0825646278589.jpg

The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream

4582214510613.jpg

I was a little disappointed or more didn't get what all the fuss was about with The War on Drugs album. I own it and it's good but nowhere near the best album of the year imo. You'll have to let me know how Royal Blood is. I've heard a lot about it! :grinthumb

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I was a little disappointed or more didn't get what all the fuss was about with The War on Drugs album. I own it and it's good but nowhere near the best album of the year imo. You'll have to let me know how Royal Blood is. I've heard a lot about it! :grinthumb

I've seen several sites and magazines name the The War on Drugs album the album of the year, but I honestly do not have those kind of expectations for it. However, I do like what I've heard on Youtube and I hope the full album is good enough to justify the purchase.

I'll let you know my opinion of the Royal Blood album once I've heard it a couple of times.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I've seen several sites and magazines name the The War on Drugs album the album of the year, but I honestly do not have those kind of expectations for it. However, I do like what I've heard on Youtube and I hope the full album is good enough to justify the purchase.

I'll let you know my opinion of the Royal Blood album once I've heard it a couple of times.

To me it just sounds like another blend of Indie "Killers" type music with Springsteen. It seems to be a formula that people just eat up! It's the same reason that U2 can release a decent album and have it be album of the year. The most original choice I agree with as far as the critics go was the unanimous praise for St. Vincent. :)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
The most original choice I agree with as far as the critics go was the unanimous praise for St. Vincent. :)

Yes, absolutely. St. Vincent is one of my favourite "new" artists out there. If I actually sat down and made a top XX of 2014, I think her latest would land in my top 10. Oh and don't expect a list from me. I am horrible at making lists and to some degree, it would be pointless, as I would disagree with myself in less than a month. :heheh:

I don't really care much for what the critics say by the way, but I can't deny that I get slightly curious if an album is getting high praise all around. Needless to say, there are some magazines and critics I trust more than others. For example I am more inclined to check out something getting high praise in Classic Rock (English magazine) than Rolling Stone. Particularly if I know that the journalist has a somewhat similar taste to mine.

tones of home

follow the green smoke
Reaction score
00088004700270_full.jpg

&

7up-100x100.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads