Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nedkelly

Reaction score
I think many people didn't realise just how good a singer she was (and still is) back when she started out. I didn't mind her pop singles, but I didn't start paying real attention to her until she disappeared from the spotlight and started releasing less commercial albums. Her most recent, "Love and Hate" is a superb album and, as @joker1961 mentioned, check out Trigger Hippy, where she is the lead singer and Steve Gorman (ex-Black Crowes) is on drums. Their debut album was one of my favourite releases of 2014. I believe they are currently working on a new album.

Totally agree !

Frands

Reaction score
Warhorse/Red Sea - 1972 (hard rock)
Warhorse were a band formed by former Deep Purple bassist Nick Simper. He had left Deep Purple in 1969 and joined Marsha Hunt's backup band. Not long after, Nick Simper replaced her backing band with Ged Peck on guitar and Mac Poole on drums. While this was going on, Simper would play in an extracurricular band along with Ged and Mac, with singer Ashley Holt. When Hunt became pregnant, the band stopped touring and Simper re-organised the group as Warhorse. Holt became the bands singer, and they would bring keyboardist Rick Wakemanhttps://www.discogs.com/artist/149420-Rick-Wakeman onboard, but proved unreliable, and when the first demo was recorded in April 1970, he was replaced by Frank Wilson.

R-1603965-1453311969-3095.jpeg.jpg
____

nedkelly

Reaction score
Warhorse/Red Sea - 1972 (hard rock)
Warhorse were a band formed by former Deep Purple bassist Nick Simper. He had left Deep Purple in 1969 and joined Marsha Hunt's backup band. Not long after, Nick Simper replaced her backing band with Ged Peck on guitar and Mac Poole on drums. While this was going on, Simper would play in an extracurricular band along with Ged and Mac, with singer Ashley Holt. When Hunt became pregnant, the band stopped touring and Simper re-organised the group as Warhorse. Holt became the bands singer, and they would bring keyboardist Rick Wakemanhttps://www.discogs.com/artist/149420-Rick-Wakeman onboard, but proved unreliable, and when the first demo was recorded in April 1970, he was replaced by Frank Wilson.

R-1603965-1453311969-3095.jpeg.jpg
____

Rare album. Good choice !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip