Thread Closed What Are You Listening To? (No Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Z

Reaction score
Many people completely ignore the half dozen or more, great songs on this album.
View attachment 216489
You can't play Eye Of The Tiger without associating it with the Rocky IV movie and Stallone. I did read several months ago that Deep Purple may have approached the singer to replace Ian Gillan after Gillan was fired from the band back in 1989 but the guy in Survivor wasn't interested.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Survivor has had two different lead vocalists twice. I mean to be fair, the original “Eye Of The Tiger” vocalist had health issues to over come and left the band. The “Burning Heart” “I Can’t Hold Back” guy joined and after a few years started a solo career when Survivor began its hiatus and legal sagas. Jimi Jamison was approached to sing with Deep Purple.
Things began to pick up and the original vocalist, Bickler returned to Survivor however after seven years, he was fired from the band. Jamison returned. Jamison left. The band toured with both vocalist for a brief period. Jamison dies. Bickler quits for the last time. It’s all a little Spinal Tap like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.