Thread Closed What Are You Listening To? (No Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
9EF47236-74EC-41B0-9D5E-1BADC1997AF0.jpg
My memory of this album. I think I bought it new unopened at a “cutout” reduced price in the late 80’s. But when I got it home, there was a defect in the groove of the track, “Boogie Mama” and it had a skip. There was nothing I could do to correct it. I wanted to be able to also listen to the album with greater convenience so when I recorded it to digital disc, I tried putting a penny on the tone arm to help with tracking. Only slight improvement. I’d have to live with the defect. So when I listen to that initial vinyl rip, it is complete with the defect on that song.
I have since bought a digital download of the album but I am conditioned to expect to hear that skip every time I listen to this album.

Last edited:

70sProgFan

Reaction score
View attachment 214141
My memory of this album. I think I bought it new unopened at a “cutout” reduced price in the late 80’s. But when I got it home, there was a defect in the groove of the track, “Boogie Mama” and it had a skip. There was nothing I could do to correct it. I wanted to be able to also listen to the album with greater convenience so when I recorded it to digital disc, I tried putting a penny on the tone arm to help with tracking. Only slight improvement. I’d have to live with the defect. So when I listen to that initial vinyl rip, it is complete with the defect on that song.
I have since bought a digital download of the album but I am conditioned to expect to hear that skip every time I listen to this album.
I had to do likewise with several early copies of Genesis' 'Lamb Lies Down on Broadway' album which skipped frantically during B1, 'Back in NYC', all because of the resonating bass line.
This was corrected in later re-issues and, thankfully, I have a perfect vinyl copy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online