Thread Closed What Are You Listening To? (No Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with this Neil Young album.
I do know that Neil experimented with some bizarre genre styles, especially in the 80's.
I heard some tunes on Radio JJJ FM Australia in 1994, so I went out & bought SLEEPS WITH ANGELS.
When I'm in the right mood, (melancholy), I really immerse myself in the tunes of this album.
One of the best LIVE albums in music history is WELD.
I never bought RUST NEVER SLEEPS, I always thought it was weak.
WELD is very strong & powerful.

In 1985, I saw Neil & Crazy Horse at Sydney's Entertainment Centre ( which has been demolished )
Neil played over an hour of acoustic tunes, which nearly put us to sleep ( literally )
Then after intermission, where a few drinks were imbibed, Neil & Crazy Horse proceeded to blow the back wall off the building.
They played 'like a Uriah Heep album title', " Very Heavy, Very Humble "
Most people only know Neil's delicate acoustic Guitar work.
I regard him in THE TOP 10 Electric Guitarists of all time.
The album "Landing on Water" has an unusual production/mix so it's a marmite one - you either like it or you don't. For me, a long way from his good stuff, I give this album a spin now and then hoping that this time the pieces will fall in place,

@STATUS QUO - You're right about NY being a brilliant guitarist. I have most of his albums and I enjoy probably 75% of them immensely, even the acoustic stuff.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Coincidentally…
Give The People What They Want-The Kinks (first listen)
Favorite song: “Better Things” (not first time hearing Better Things. I have heard that before. I do like to roll but I don’t live under a rock)
Least favorite song: “Back To Front”

Faith Hope Love-King’s X
Favorite song: “It’s Love”
Least favorite song: “Fine Art of Friendship”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments